Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might be going to Blackpool for a stag. Gimme yer reviews..

Options
  • 05-12-2011 4:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Should be going early next year. I wanna hear your experiences, horror stories or stuff that you've heard.

(Not my stag)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Blackpool Forum
    >

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

It's not the nicest part of Cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

FearDark wrote: »

To be fair theres some good shopping and a cinema. Night life though im not so sure.

If you like old mans pubs next to a bookies your onto a winner though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Going for the shag, more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

The old boy went there in '88 for the honeymoon. Went there in '08 for the 20 years. Said it was a dump in '88 and an even bigger dump in '08.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Been to Blackpool a few times and once on a night out. If you're going for the day, Pleasure Beach and all, it can be a good day out. Cheap, a bit scummy, but mostly cheerful. I went Blackpool away following Man United back in January and it was the best ever away I've done at the football.

Nights out is a bit different. Loads of stag and hen do's so you'll fit right in there. However it is very scummy. No great bars or anything. However it is cheap. Blackpool has a huge benefits culture and consequently there's a lot of locals sat in the pub all day drunk and looking for fights with visitors.

When I went out there, I was outside some rough bar about 2 in the morning and some wild eyed Scouser took a swing for me. I'm not an aggressive person and was completely unprovoked and this has been my first and only fight. It turned into a bit of a brawl with me and my mate with him and his mate and I remember the bouncers just standing by laughing. Pretty much sums up the place for me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

FearDark wrote: »

I would disagree, it has a village feel within the city. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

BernardMac wrote: »
    Should be going early next year. I wanna hear your experiences, horror stories or stuff that you've heard.

(Not my stag)
    i take it that you are talking about blackpool UK,if so its a great place for a booze up and party,plenty of good pubs, bars,and clubs,even world class ones[funny girls],it would take over a year to visit most of them,always lots of girls out on weekend parties,stag nights ect, how do i know ?well i live just outside and i can even see blackpool tower from my home,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The old boy went there in '88 for the honeymoon. Went there in '08 for the 20 years. Said it was a dump in '88 and an even bigger dump in '08.

It seems to me that if it weren't for Blackpool, you wouldn't be here.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It seems to me that if it weren't for Blackpool, you wouldn't be here.:pac:

There would be something serious wrong with my mother in that case!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is there a Travel & Hookers forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement