Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

For anybody thinking of going sky diving

• 05-12-2011 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Dean820

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9fHrJbj1SY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    'At 2,500 feet, my jump partner flairs his canopy causing it slow down rapidly. I entangle with it and he cuts away. Unable to fly a ball of nylon effectively, I impact a cornfield breaking my pelvis, back and neck causing instant paralysis. As I lay waiting for help, spinal shock begins to set in paralyzing my diaphragm and breathing on my own becomes impossible. Rescue breathing is performed as I lose consciousness. Paramedics arrive and I'm med-flighted to UW Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin where I awake days later after surgery and begin life as a quadriplegic. It's taken me four and a half years to be able to watch this video.'

Saw this posted on reddit. Scary stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭ Jet Black

Reminds me of people tailgating, guy in front brakes and the guy behind slams into him. Pretty stupid tbh but accidents happen. Poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭ flutterflye

Oh my god. That poor guy. That is so sad.

I did a jump before, and even though I was sh1t scared, I'd do it again.
    I don't think you should let these things put you off, as they are relatively rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭ TeddyTedson

I'm not doing one now. I couldn't watch that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭ M5

I call shenanigans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭ keano_afc

@ 3:31 it looks like a guy in a dark room is filming himself? Just before impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭ --Kaiser--

M5 wrote: »
    I call shenanigans

Apparently there are no news records of such an event happening near the town of Columbus, Wisconsin. It seems well done if it is a hoax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭ Fart

I'm calling shenanigans too, although it does look well done.

There is also a flicker where there seems to be a dude in a room towards when he impacted the ground. It could have been from a previoius tape, but looking at the quality I'd say it was a digital camera of sorts.

I could be wrong though and it is a scary situation.

Edit: He explains the reason for the video jumping. Could be real after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 glover22

Hope its not real, diving soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,835 RandolphEsq

Fcuk 'shemarooent'!

Advertisement