Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mill Bar - Annacotty

Options
  • 05-12-2011 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭

A good number of us were in there Saturday afternoon (c. 2pm) until 6.30. Bit of a rollover from the previous night (but would like to point out we didn't cause a blind bit of trouble - one of our group was nodding off but he got a few friendly nudges!) and we had lunch and a few pints while watching Wales v Australia and then they showed Arsenal v Wigan. More of our group arrived and had dinner there.

It was half way through the Villa v United game and we realised the Munster match was starting at 6.30. Asked them to change and they said two lads were watching the United match. Three of the (two senior and one junior) staff seemed to be unsure about what to do. Bear in mind, there is a Munster "reg" over the bar which they were standing under while saying this to me, not to mention the numerous iconic photos from Six Nations games and other snapshots of Munster Rugby history decorating their walls. Also bear in mind, we were in the pub before the two lads (lovely fellas, was chatting to them about the soccer all afternoon) and are a significantly larger group. I would estimate we spent nearly 150-200e in a couple of hours as a group.

It was only when the 12/13 of us got up and put on our jackets that they said they'll put it on the smallest TV in the pub over in a corner - with no sound. Shook my head and said no thanks, we'll head to the Black Swan - who had turned OFF the United game and put in on in the corner with no sound so people could watch our local team play.

I eat in the Mill once a week but after this little display of f**kwittery I don't be back, I'll take my lunchtime business elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

doesn't surprise me one bit..

Advertisement