Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting a car serviced in Limerick

Options
  • 04-12-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

I have 03 Toyota Corolla and it is due a service this month.

Just wonder can anyone recommend a reliable place in limerick to get a car serviced. I have heard so many horror stories that I don't know where the best place is.

Thanks Guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Where abouts do you live/work?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ronan19

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Where abouts do you live/work?

I am working in Castletroy, but i can travel anywhere in limerick for the right service.

I have used favorite motors on the Ballysimon road before and the service seemed good but i just want to know is there anything else out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I haven't used them myself but I heard good things about Windmill Motors.

bazz26 wrote: »

Any idea of prices etc for Windmill motors?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I have heard good things about windmill motors as well but I have never used them. He is a bit out of town but I always use Rory Browne in Ballyneety.

• Advertisement

I have heard good things about windmill motors as well but I have never used them. He is a bit out of town but I always use Rory Browne in Ballyneety.

Thanks guys, I will give all these places a ring tomorrow and see what are the best prices.

Will post back tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

bazz26 wrote: »

Same here, haven't used them myself tho

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Justjens

Gerry Grace on the Kilmallock Rd, opposite the Ind Estate/Richie's Tyres, try him on your way out to Rory, one of the last honest mechanics....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Dunno about Windmill Motor's servicing, but a few years ago I went in there to have my lights set for the NCT. For €20 they just angled them down as far as they'd go. Not impressed. I've heard good things about Rory though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

John Noonan up by Collins Pub in Dooradoyle is v reliable

• Advertisement

I rang around today, and the priciest was 200+ at Windmill motors and 150+ at R.s autos.

I rang favorite motors (a garage I had used before) and I was quoted 80euro, for oil and air filter change, coolant, and brake pads. I am on a bit of a budget and these guys have never let me down before so I think i will drop the car off there tomorrow.

Thanks for all yer help... Hope this helps others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ronan19 wrote: »
    150+ at R.s autos.

I used to use these guys quite regularly,they're very thorough but expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'd recommend R.S Auto aswell.My dad swears by him.Has been going to him for over 30 years and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

If you are in Castletroy, I'd highly recommend Eammon O'Carroll. He has a place up behind the halting site. He's an excellent mechanic and will see you right. I've used him for years and have never had an issue with him. I grew up in the motor industry so I'm always skeptical about chancres.

PM me for his number if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Mike at RS Autos is a good guy and works on a lot of classics. My own preference though would be Dave at Windmill motors, a genuinely nice guy and very honest. If you let them know you are on a budget they will do whatever they can to get you back on the road for the lowest possible cost.

Be warned a cheap headline price on a service isn't always the best value - a lot of the €99/service mobs won't do an actual service on a car for that price, it will be just an oil change and a checkup with a list of works and associated costs waiting for you when you collect your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ukenutt

Rapid Auto Care on Cathedral Place were recommended to me. Found them very good and fair price as well. Easy to find !

Advertisement