Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmult Ambush

Options
  • 04-12-2011 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I am researching the happenings of the Clonmult Ambush February 1921. The main book I am using for the research is Tom O' Neill's The Battle of Clonmult, "The IRA's Worst Defeat". I am interested however what events leading up to the ambush greatly affected the high number of casualties. This book is very detailed of the event, but I would like one or two more sources to make my paper that bit more credible. Any help with books or preferably websites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Donough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Donough, You will note from this forums charter that homework threads are not allowed. See link here

However the clonmult ambush would make for an interesting discussion so I would ask you to re-phrase the query. Please outline aspects of the ambush that you find interesting or detail the background to which it occured. If you do this it is likely that other sources may be revealed in discussion of the event.

Thank you- moderator.

Advertisement