Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The feeling of dread Monday morning after last Friday's work party.

Options
  • 04-12-2011 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I can't remember half the night but I do remember dancing a whole lot. And yet another new dinner jacket goes AWOL.

I'm not looking forward to monday mornings comments being dropped my way. I wish people would just move on and forget.

Anyone feeling the same here....

Rant over :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Wait till you see the photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

It's a terrible circle. You have too much to drink and make a fool of yourself.
    On the next night out you worry you will do it again.
    Have a few drinks to calm the nerves. It happens again.
    Rinse and repeat. . . forever.

Paranoid yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Im okay i dont have to go back into the dole office until after xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dinner jacket?

Seems very Victorian OP.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Pffft... A bit of nonsense dancing and losing your jacket... standard enough fare for the occasion.

Unless you started a fight, puked all over the place or creeped all over some female colleagues I wouldn't worry about it!

And as for sh!te talk you may have engaged in with your boss... chances are he/she won't remember it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I can't remember half the night but I do remember dancing a whole lot. And yet another new dinner jacket goes AWOL.

I hope you didn't drop your monocle into your champagne glass.. that would be frightfully embarrassing old chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Wasn't much of a rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

mossyc123 wrote: »
    Pffft... A bit of nonsense dancing and losing your jacket... standard enough fare for the occasion.

Unless you started a fight, puked all over the place or creeped all over some female colleagues I wouldn't worry about it!

And as for sh!te talk you may have engaged in with your boss... chances are he/she won't remember it either.

I agree. Laugh it off. The jokes won't last forever.

Just keep saying you had a blast. If you look sheepish they'll all feed off it and make you feel worse!!

...and make out you remember everything as well :D

(Not that any of this is from experience, mind) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

I'm not looking forward to monday mornings comments being dropped my way. I wish people would just move on and forget.

Anyone feeling the same here....

Rant over :)

Born to be mild OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

OP how long does it take to log in to boards with that UN!?

I bet you regret picking it more than the party.

also, obligatory pics or GTFO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Just had a look at your the work party photos on facebook. Your fired. Don't even bother turning up on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I wonder if all the dole-ees in my area would like a christmas bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I wonder if all the dole-ees in my area would like a christmas bash.

:D:D

Why not!!!

Could we get the 02 at such short notice though? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

:D:D

Why not!!!

Could we get the 02 at such short notice though? ;)

I'm sure they could russsel up britney getting hammered bye some trailer trash hick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

I was there and you were a disgrace and an embarrassment and your behavior was downright insulting

Oh wait, alcohol was involved, all is forgiven and forgotten...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

Do many people on here hold grudges for people being dicks while clearly being very drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

That's some username ! What will you do when you have 10,000 posts ? It wont be valid anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

slaneylad wrote: »
    Do many people on here hold grudges for people being dicks while clearly being very drunk?

Because, they are the exact type of people who are clearly afraid to have a good time because they feel if they make a mistake there imaginary ego will take a hit. Yet these people always seem to be talking about other people and usually throwing around snide remarks like the dickheads they clearly are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Last year was the first time I ever got too drunk at a work Christmas do. Was dreading the next day in work but it was grand.

It probably helps that my workmates are pretty sound and get quite drunk themselves at work nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Long Time Reader

yeah, my user ID is pretty silly and long.

I think if i go on the attack tomorrow instead of playing the innocent 'i dont remember anything' i should be ok.

I'll play the i remember everything card and see what happens.

i think i need a drink to stop thinking about it.

off to temple bar. anyone wanna come your more than welcome. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Be||e

yeah, my user ID is pretty silly and long.

I think if i go on the attack tomorrow instead of playing the innocent 'i dont remember anything' i should be ok.

I'll play the i remember everything card and see what happens.

i think i need a drink to stop thinking about it.

off to temple bar. anyone wanna come your more than welcome. :)
    Don't ever admit you don't remember!

Advertisement