Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Ki Corbally

Options
  • 04-12-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

We have been eating at the china ki corbally for years, mostly getting takeaways but they screwed up our orders a number of times and on the last occasion, we rang them to say that they left out a portion of fried noddles and they assured us we would get it during our next visit. When we went to collect our next takeaway order, they had no recollection of the mistake and refused to put give us the fried noddle portion that we had already paid for. We felt it was bad customer service considering that we have been using this place for the last number of years, and they recognise by our phone number - how much business we give them, there is plenty of other chinese restaurants around town, just as good, and we not be returning to china ki. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

We used to go there and the staff were noticeably friendly, but anything but of late. Food is only alright. Haven't been for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

It has been the only chineese we go to for the last 18 months or so and I have to say we've always found them to be A1. Never got bad food, never had something left out from our order, always very friendly staff, defo no complaints here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Take it to the Clare Forum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Surprised to hear this to be honest. Have been going there since it opened and have always found the food & service to be top notch.

I guess though, like every other business these days, they are under pressure due to the atrocious trading conditions. You must have got them on a bad night.

Maybe you should call in and ask to speak to the owner and explain politely to them that you are unhappy about what happened considering the amount of business you have given them.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

I am really surprised to hear that as I love the China Ki. It is one of my favourite restaurants in town. I have never had a bad experience there and I find their food, prices, staff and service A1. I get a takeaway/eat in there approx. once a month and I love it every time.

It happens though that if you go to a place often enough you will encounter a bad experience and it is really up to you to go about fixing it with the owner as at the end of the day although they might lose one customer you will lose out on many nights of nice takeaways.

I always enjoy takeaways from my favourite local chinese restaurant. One night we noticed the dishes weren't great and the next night we went there the food was so bad we could not eat it, we had to ring up and complain and take back the food. They changed the dishes for us and advised us they changed the chef. The replacement dishes weren't great either so we didn't eat there again for some time(went all the ways into town to China Ki :D). A few weeks later we tried it again and voila, normality was restored. Did the chef eventually get the recipes right or did he just not work out? Who knows but if we didn't complain the owner would never have known there was a problem.

OP - call the China Ki and ask to meet with the owner, I expect it will all work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭BobMc

Surprised to hear the original OP, we too are regulars for many years and have never had reason to complain, Ii do recall in the early years they really struggled when under pressure on busy events (mothers day springs to mind, but I'll forgive them due to extra workloads on such days) I think if you have genuine reason to complain drop in and be sure to speak to the owner.

Advertisement