Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help!

Options
  • 04-12-2011 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am doing an MA in UCD but despite getting a letter from my County Council at the beginning of September to say I have been awarded the full maintenance grant, my first cheque has still not arrived. I contacted my CC on Friday to ask where it was but of the two people who handle the Higher Education Grants, one is on maternity leave and the other is away until next Wednesday.

Basically I need to know if it is possible for a County Council to just cancel your grant mid-term and to do it without telling you? Maybe the cheque is just late but surely it is unusual for it to be this late? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement