Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burberry Scarf Real or Fake ??

Options
  • 04-12-2011 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I was given a Burberry Scarf that my mother bought for my father almost 20 years ago(he never wears it hence me having it now).

The pattern is beige background, a large red check 10 cm square, then inside each red square is a cross like structure containing 3 vertical stripes and 3 horizontal stripes black in colour, leaving 4 small approx 1 cm boxes, which are white, the spaces between the black lines are beige and white.
    All the red and black lines are stitching done at a 45 degree angle.

The label...Says Burberrys(formatted like here) followed by a registered trademark symbol on it, on the following line says OF LONDON
    followed by 100% LAMBSWOOL
    MADE IN ENGLAND

It was supposedly bought in Fitzgerald's in Cork

Is it real ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

From what I know "Burberrys of London" was the original name - it got changed to Burberry in an effort to modernise the brand.

The pattern and the vintage certainly would make me think it was genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭what recession?

The tag is as it should be. However it's easy to fake a tag, and easy to fake anything realistically speaking. There's no way to really tell from looking at pictures most of the time, but if it has lasted 20 years and is still in good condition then the likelihood is that it's real.

Advertisement