Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS ENGTX480

Options
  • 03-12-2011 11:23pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a few questions -

I already have an ASUS ENGTX480 card.

What would be the major advantages of getting a second one, and configuring SLI? Would I be better off selling the current card and buying a pair of something new?

What PSU would I need to power two such cards? I've a 650w PSU in my machine currently.

How easy is it to enable/use 3 monitors? I currently have two monitors (HP LG2065).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Eamonn Brophy

Paulw wrote: »
    Just a few questions -

I already have an ASUS ENGTX480 card.

What would be the major advantages of getting a second one, and configuring SLI? Would I be better off selling the current card and buying a pair of something new?

What PSU would I need to power two such cards? I've a 650w PSU in my machine currently.

How easy is it to enable/use 3 monitors? I currently have two monitors (HP LG2065).

That card's quite powerful. In your situation I'd wait a couple of months for the new generation of cards to come out before I bought as right now, the only advantage you'll have is stuff that's marginally better (sup expensive 580 or 590) for example, and sli will cost you as much in a new PSU and 2nd card as the new single new gen card will. So yeah, I'd wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Eamonn Brophy

Here's a benchmark comparison, you see for the cost of investing, the numbers arent that great.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/309?vs=305

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Perfect. Just what I suspected.

Thanks.

Advertisement