Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to access a folder using a website

Options
  • 03-12-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

There is a computer in my radio societies studio which has a webcam which is taking snaps every 5 or 10 seconds. You and also view a stream of the webcam but only when you are within the universities network. The webcam program gives us the IP address and the port which you need to look at it. Works fine. great.

Years ago, with a different webcam setup but with the same machines on the same network, the radio tech people had a system where you log into a special page of the website and it would the call up a picture from the webcams archive folder. This would work as the website was hosted withen the universities network.

I am guessing the page would load up the photo (within uni network) and then send it out to the website user.

With little knowledge of how to program sites and a copy of Frontpage could I make a new special page on our website that could:

1) Let us view the stream. As I said, I have the IP and port info so that should be fairly simple if I am on the right track.

2) The webcam is on an XP machine. The webcam archive folder is shared on the network, but I have no idea how to let website viewers look and view things in the folder.

Thanks,
    bbk

EDIT: Hmm, iframe with the stream aint workin outside of the uni network. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Port could very well be blocked by the uni's firewall.

Advertisement