Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tangerinepuppet's Reading Log

Options
  • 03-12-2011 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

The huge backlog of unread books on my shelves leads me to believe I haven't been reading enough. At the very least, there is something far wrong with the ratio of buying to reading. :P I'm hoping that a reading log will either show me that I have been getting through more borrowed books than I thought, or place a bit of pressure on me to up my game. :)

Last week I finished reading Eve Green by Susan Fletcher. Highly descriptive but never boring, it tells the story of a child's experiences living with her grandparents in rural Wales after her mother's death. It was a nice relaxing read for bedtime despite some dark subject matter.

Today I'm going to start reading Slam by Nick Hornby. I loved High Fidelity and About a Boy. I have a feeling I won't like this one as much but I don't feel like reading anything more challenging at the minute - just something I can get through by tomorrow night to take my mind off being cold-ridden.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

I finished Slam on Monday and I have to say it was just the ticket for passing a couple of sick days - easy to read, funny and true-to-life (apart from the episodes where our hero/anti-hero gets 'whizzed' into the future by a poster on his wall!).

Yesterday I read Skellig by David Almond. It makes me want to read more by and about William Blake.

I'm not sure where to go next. I've bought My Name is Mina (a prequel to Skellig) and I'd like to keep the momentum going with that before I forget the details of Skellig, but I also found two books that I'd been enjoying at the end of the summer and abandoned a few chapters from the end - My Boy by Philomena Lynott and The Book of Evidence by John Banville - and I'd like to get them out of the way before starting anything new. To complicate things further, I started reading The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne on Monday and it's due back to the library very soon! Decisions, decisions ... :D

Advertisement