Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to music production and want to see what people think

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Hey people, I'm new to all this music production and I made these tracks using a DAW over the past week or two. Please keep in mind that they are NOT mastered yet and I am open to all positive criticism. Just let me know what ye think.

Cheers

http://soundcloud.com/cookmeister-1/sets/first-mixes

You need, an over-wrought over the top 80s gothic vocal over the tune.

Then you need to get 500 copies printed on 12" vinyl - stored in a warehouse that mysteriously burns down.

There will only be three copies left - two of which you'll know the whereabouts of - the other will be in a Goth bar, in Amsterdam, that I really like,

It needs a goth vocal -- which I know you are burning to do yourself, but you haven't magic'd up the balls yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cookmeister

krd wrote: »
    You need, an over-wrought over the top 80s gothic vocal over the tune.

Then you need to get 500 copies printed on 12" vinyl - stored in a warehouse that mysteriously burns down.

There will only be three copies left - two of which you'll know the whereabouts of - the other will be in a Goth bar, in Amsterdam, that I really like,

It needs a goth vocal -- which I know you are burning to do yourself, but you haven't magic'd up the balls yet.

Huh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Huh?

It needs a goth vocal.

I really like that filtered arp
    how'd you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paddyhunt

Good first effort! By any chance did you record it in garageband? I think i recognise that kick and snare!

Basically you need to EQ your kick better.... scoop out some of the low mids, boost it a bit around 80Hz to give it more 'thump' and also give it more click by boosting around 2.5KHz. Try layering different kick samples so that it cuts through the mix more. Also the snare is very week... you need a better snare sample.

But overall well done.

This was a review of track 12 by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cookmeister

Ok so here's a little compilation of what I've done...just click on the link below and give them a listen if yer interested and let me know what ye think!

Cheers guys!

http://bit.ly/SoundsFromSyria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Wrong Thread

Advertisement