Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeway speed 125

Options
  • 03-12-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Looking at getting my first bike. Has anyone anyone drove a keeway. Im looking for general impressions of the bike and the brand itself. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

there good enough for a beginner, good parts network in ireland and fairly reliable, i had one for a short time, its a clone of a honda cg125

the build quality wont be near as good as a jap bike though so if you can get a used cg125 i would recommend it over a new keeway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

weeder wrote: »
    there good enough for a beginner, good parts network in ireland and fairly reliable, i had one for a short time, its a clone of a honda cg125

the build quality wont be near as good as a jap bike though so if you can get a used cg125 i would recommend it over a new keeway.

Right so keep my eyes peeled. The chap had a keeway for €950 was a 2010 model and comes with a warranty and everything. Apart from the cg125 is there any other good bikes I should look at? I have seen a vardero for €800 but the insurance is €950.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

imo avoid those chinese pieces of ****.

go jap and look for a virago, intruder, maurauder or shadow if thats the style you like.

the vardero is a nice bike and simple to learn on.

or you could get a restricted bandit 600 for about 1500 on donedeal.

your insurance the first year is gonna be huge anyway so imo pay for the reliability of a jap bike and apply for the test asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Doylers wrote: »
    Right so keep my eyes peeled. The chap had a keeway for €950 was a 2010 model and comes with a warranty and everything. Apart from the cg125 is there any other good bikes I should look at? I have seen a vardero for €800 but the insurance is €950.

what type of bike are you after? tdr 125 is a great starter learner legal and plenty of starting power.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

ybr125 (yam) is worth a look in also, similar looks wise to the honda cg125, and the suzi gn125

• Advertisement
Advertisement