Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick descendants Anderson/Quaid circa 1890's

Options
  • 03-12-2011 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi folks,

I wonder if you can help, my grandfather was born in June 1896 in Henry St Limerick (John Thomas Anderson), his parents (my great grandparents) were John Anderson (Railway Porter) and Elizabeth (Lizzie) Quaid, he also had siblings James, Ethel, ( Lizzie ???)

The children all moved to Glasgow before the outbreak of WW1.

My great great grandparents John Anderson & Lizzie Quaid were both residing at an address called Wellesley Place, I cannot find any records of this address ( found !! changed to Clontarf Place) when the got married on 2nd September 1894

John Anderson's father was James Anderson (Sailor) and Lizzie Quaid's father was Patrick Quaid (Blacksmith)

My grandfather John Anderson Jnr was born at 38 Henry St, Limerick.

If anyone can throw light on distant family members please let me know.

Regards,

Scott Anderson.

EDIT: now found out that my great grandmother Lizzie (Elizabeth) Quaid/e was born circa 1874 in Gortaganniff,Adare,Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭phog

I dont know if you realise that there 1901 and 1911 census retruns are available online. You could do some research there.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 erskinescott

that's great thanks a lot.

scott

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

414BJTCVTNL._SS500_.jpg

If you are just starting with your family tree, I would recommend a little gem of a book “Tracing your Limerick Ancestors” by Margaret Franklin (circa 10 €). It contains a lot of useful tips.

The online sites of the Limerick city archives & the city library local studies were a great source for me.

When I came to a dead-end with my own research, I then approached Limerick Genealogy and commissioned a research report to fill in the missing gaps. I was very pleased with the report and found it great value for money.

Good luck with your research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 erskinescott

that's great thanks,

scott

Advertisement