Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind farm being built in your area!

Options
  • 02-12-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

I need people's opinions for a University Assignment.

This mostly applies to those living in rural areas.

Would you have a problem with a wind farm being built near where you live? Why? Why not?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

No. I live in a rural area quite near one and have no issue with it what so ever and see no reason why anyone would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    I need people's opinions for a University Assignment.

This mostly applies to those living in rural areas.

Would you have a problem with a wind farm being built near where you live? Why? Why not?

Thanks

Apart from they being visually intrusive, noisy, being less than 20% efficient, way over-subsidized and being a proven nuisance to autistic sufferers, no objection, really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Who says students aren't lazy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

No problem with them. Mountains were made by god for humans to place wind turbines on. Every large town/city should have its own wind farm.

Canot understand local authorities who refuse planning for wind farms. Carbon fuel costs are rising all the time, and we have a free energy resource at our fingertips.

They also look sleek and elegant. We have all kinds of aerials and masts, telegraph poles, electricity poles, all over the place, so why not wind turbines?

They definitely have a place in national energy supplies, as part of a mix of different types of energy generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

TOMP wrote: »
    Mountains were made by god

And rivers were made by the tooth fairy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Only one problem with wind farms...Noise...

So tbh i would not mind them close to me once the noise cant be heard when the doors are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Do your own homework hippy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement