Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance company and excess liability

Options
  • 02-12-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭

I was in an accident about 2 weeks ago and had a 500 euro excess clause on my insurance which i paid to my insurance company on foot of a letter I received about a week ago. One of the options was to pay by cheque made out to the insurance company. I posted the cheque to them and noticed that the amount was cashed on Nov 29th according to my online baking account. I wrote on te cheque a/c payee only as you do. Today I got to letters in the post from the insurance company stating the excess is still owed. One had the wrong amount i.e 250 euro while the other had the correct all sections excess due of 500 euro. I tried to ring them but they were closed at 5pm. Do insurance companys usually make these screw ups? I will contact them again on Monday to let them know about posting the cheque and it being subsequently cashed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The cash receipt from you could have been applied to the wrong claim in their systems

Give them a call (have the cheque details to hand) and see how you get on.

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement