Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in Jan getting pains

Options
  • 02-12-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My wife is 5 weeks away from having our first but has been getting period like cramps/pains in the last few days. Theyre not close together but they seem to be sore. She got 3 all day today.

Anyone got an idea what they might be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Possibly Braxton Hicks, but if you're worried take a trip to the hospital, they'll be able to calm your nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

January wrote: »
    Possibly Braxton Hicks, but if you're worried take a trip to the hospital, they'll be able to calm your nerves.

But should Braxton Hicks be painful?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

More uncomfortable than painful. If you or your wife are worried then it is better to get it checked out for your own peace of mind. Give your maternity ward a ring, they will be able to give you advise on what to do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Sometimes yes.. there's the body's way of preparing the muscles for birth and the closer you are to the birth the stronger they get.. they also increase the blood flow to the uterus and with everything so stretched already they do become more painful.. labour pains are different to braxton hicks though she'll definitely notice the difference.. if you're worried phone the hospital and chat to a midwife ;) good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thanks so much folks. She's actually happy that junior isnt on the way just yet. Just wanted to make sure its not something we should be panicking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I got a lot of Brackston Hicks on my last pregnancy from about 7 months. Some of them were really sore. I found sitting on a birthing ball helped a lot. I spent most evenings on it during the last month.

Advertisement