Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win me a new... phone

Options
  • 02-12-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

OK so just spotted €110 in my betfair account that i wasn't aware of. This coincides with me losing my phone. I could withdraw and buy a cheaper one but i've already got an old brick of a nokia which is doing me. So it's sh*t or bust and hopefully at the end of the weekend i'll have a shiny new toy to play with!!

Bet 1: €110 on Leverkusen @ 1.81

Like this mainly due to Hoffenheim's poor away record, they're also missing 2 players (discipline problems) and the H2H favours Leverkusen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Best of luck with this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

1 up so looking good

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Came in easily enough in the end.

Bet 2: €194.64 - Leeds vs Millwall - Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.3

The main thing concern is Millwall have been keeping it tight at the back away from home recently. I still reckon Leeds are good for a few goals, think they'll keep a high tempo with the week they've had. They've just come off a 4-0 win but can also leak a few at the back.

There tend to be quite a few goals in this fixture. In the H2H it's come in in 12 out of the last 14 matches, the 2 failures were with Millwall at home.

Another one down, getting closer to the goal!

Bet 3: €250.11 - Wigan vs Arsenal - Arsenal @ 1.55

The main thing concerning me about this one is that i support Arsenal! Wigan have come off the back of 2 favourable results but Arsenal are on a strong run and will want to make up for their slip last week to Fulham.

I think Wigan are one of the poorest teams in this league this year and Arsenal should have too much for them. Strong Arsenal line-up as well (i like seeing Arshavin off the starting 11)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Must be an expensive phone your looking?

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Must be an expensive phone your looking?

May as well go all out, there was a new Android one released recently which costs around €550 sim free so i think that'll be my target. This is essentially an accumulator though so could go wrong at any time! 2 more successful should get me there if this one wins, which is looking likely!

Arsenal won that one comfortably.

Bet 4: €380.79 - Dijon vs Sochaux - Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.37

My main concern here is that Sochaux's 100% over 1.5 goal record has to end sometime doesn't it?! In saying that every one of their matches this season has gone over with 87% of Dijon's doing the same.

Both their top scorers start so should hopefully see a couple of goals...

Just saw yesterdays result now as was away from the interweb, wasn't expecting a 0-0!

Ah well, i've been a good boy this year so maybe Santa will make me a new phone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You gotta know when to walk away.

You gotta know when to walk away.

You do have to know when to walk away. I had set my target and hadn't reached it yet so i don't see your point.

• Advertisement

Pity you didn't get your new phone out of it, very courageous log though, never easy to gamble in public, especially with large ish sums of cash.

Fingers crossed you get your phone off Santa :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Pity you didn't get your new phone out of it, very courageous log though, never easy to gamble in public, especially with large ish sums of cash.

Fingers crossed you get your phone off Santa :)

You win some, you lose some! It was only a bit of fun, normally i will only bet to a % of my bank. Going all-in over and over is suicide in the long term but was hoping i could put a run together.

Thanks, i'm just writing my letter now!!

Advertisement