Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does it take more time to maintain a beard or to keep shaving?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

In terms of time efficiency (ignoring appearance or philosophy aspects), does it save time to look after
    1/ a beard: groom, cut every x(?) weeks, wash & shampoo the beard every (...second) day with shower, ...(+ probably other things I might be ignorant of...)
    2/ cleanly shaven: 5 mins shave every (or every second/third) day.

Why do I ask? I am considering growing more facial hair, but if it ends up taking more maintenance time than expected, I won't.

Which takes more time to maintain? 6 votes

Beard
    0% 0 votes
    no beard (shave every day)
    16% 1 vote
    little or no difference
    83% 5 votes

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

When I had a beard I trimmed it once a week, maybe - but then I didn't bother shaping it or anything, just kept it from getting too wooly. I shampooed it while showering, which didn't add anything significant to the shower time.

Advertisement