Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is wisdom tooth removal classed as an 'extraction' on medical card?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to answer this question, I've searched around - including this forum - but I am none the wiser:

Is the removal of a wisdom tooth by your dentist classed as an 'extraction' with regard to using a medical card?

In other words if your dentist can remove the wisdom tooth - as oppossed to having to have surgery in a hospital - and it needs to be done, do you, should you have to pay for it?

Or, is it a seperate matter than a normal tooth extraction and is not available for treatment on the medical card?

Many thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

if the dentist can take out any tooth they will. if we judge that we cant we refer to hospital/oral surgeon.

med card pay the same for a surgical extraction irrelevant of which tooth-E70
    i can guarantee the oral surgeons are paid somewhat more, whether public or privately!

Advertisement