Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Craoi Beag Boru Stove-my take

Options
  • 02-12-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi folks,

Thought I'd throw this info. up on the boards for you.
    Just a wee note to say - firstly- a big thank you to all the brilliant contributions to stoves on this forum- the information was so helpful to my research and final decision as to what stove to go for.
    I got this stove installed recently into my sitting room which is 20 x 13 x 9ft in dimension. My mantle piece is of wood, but there is a black marble surround on the fireplace cavity of 300mm (top) at 210mm to both sides.
    Have to say the supplier was more than helpful in advising me in my choice to go with this stove.
    My chimney was lined with a stainless steel 6 inch flue liner, that has an outer core of vermiculite for insulation, and this was done the day the stove was fitted. There is also a rain cowl fitted to keep out rain/birds.

I just use the stove to heat the sitting room, and get it started with wood and dry kindling (available from Woodie's etc etc) first for about 1 hour, then start 'feeding' it 2 -3 briquettes max. at a time.
    In short, we abs. love it- its perfect for what we want, and is very easy to clean out.

Hope this info. helps for anyone thinking about going for this stove.

Best

Dayglo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 r.oneill

Dayglo,

You could try 'wood briquettes' for your new stove.

Are made from wood - helps with environment as are fully renewable and carbon neutral. Very low moisture content keeps glass clean.

Also as wood are very low in ash compared to peat - less cleaning out !! Also have pleasant scent when stored in room and when burnt.
    <Snip>

R.O.N.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dayglo

Hi Ron

Thanks very much for the tip- much appreciated!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

r.oneill wrote: »
    Dayglo,

You could try 'wood briquettes' for your new stove.

Are made from wood - helps with environment as are fully renewable and carbon neutral. Very low moisture content keeps glass clean.

Also as wood are very low in ash compared to peat - less cleaning out !! Also have pleasant scent when stored in room and when burnt.

Check out www.rfi.ie

R.O.N.

That's the second time today you have flogged your own company.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cluttrell

Dayglo wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Thought I'd throw this info. up on the boards for you.
    Just a wee note to say - firstly- a big thank you to all the brilliant contributions to stoves on this forum- the information was so helpful to my research and final decision as to what stove to go for.
    I got this stove installed recently into my sitting room which is 20 x 13 x 9ft in dimension. My mantle piece is of wood, but there is a black marble surround on the fireplace cavity of 300mm (top) at 210mm to both sides.
    Have to say the supplier was more than helpful in advising me in my choice to go with this stove.
    My chimney was lined with a stainless steel 6 inch flue liner, that has an outer core of vermiculite for insulation, and this was done the day the stove was fitted. There is also a rain cowl fitted to keep out rain/birds.

I just use the stove to heat the sitting room, and get it started with wood and dry kindling (available from Woodie's etc etc) first for about 1 hour, then start 'feeding' it 2 -3 briquettes max. at a time.
    In short, we abs. love it- its perfect for what we want, and is very easy to clean out.

Hope this info. helps for anyone thinking about going for this stove.

Best

Dayglo

Thanks for putting this up, I know it was a while back but still useful as I'm about to invest in a craoi beag next week!

We have some polish coal to get rid of but it doesn't look like burning smokie coal in one of these is a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭MOTM

I've one of these the last 6 months. Can't fault it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Dayglo

Hi Cutterell,

Im afraid the only coal recommended for your stove is smokeless...as far as I am aware.

If I were you....no....I wouldnt burn this in your stove.

Best

Dayglo

Advertisement