Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraxel Laser for Acne Scarring on VHI??

Options
  • 02-12-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All

Can anyone tell me if Fraxel Laser treatment is avaiable for acne scarring on VHI?

I have contacted the clinic and there is no procedure code for the fraxel laser and therefore they can only provide a letter outlining the treatment to VHI after I have completed a consultation.

So before I go and pay a consultation fee does anyone know off hand if fraxel laser is avaialbe on VHI for acne scarring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CCFROM

You will need to get your consultant write to VHI's medical advisor in order to consider this a benefit . I regret to advise these are generally considered as cosmetic and are as a result not covered. THe issue of waiting period might apply, Still I would give it a go, If you VHI is paid by your employer make sure and contact your VHI rep and go through him or her, after all your employer is paying a lot of money for it and might be able to swing it for you. In any event you are entitled to claim 20% back in tax, go to www.revenue.ie

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Your health insurer is the best source of confirmation on this. Even if someone else was covered, there may be particular criteria for cover that you don't meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 darrencannon

thanks for the info. much appreciated

Advertisement