Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy and Celluite

Options
  • 02-12-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I am 4 months pregnant and have already noticed increased celluite on bum and thighs. I did have cellulite before pregnancy but not as bad, just wondered if anyone else has same and are there any ways of reducing it or keeping it under control?

Can you use cellulite creams when pregnant?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I think its just part and parcel of the fat layers you put down during pregnancy which are there to support you through months of breastfeeding. Its just natures way!

I wouldn't bother with cellulite creams. Expensive and useless.

Massage can help, but I would highly recommend body brushing. I got my body brush in the body shop. If you try it, make sure that you brush in nice long strokes towards the heart. So if its your thighs, brush from the knee upwards. If its your upper arms, brush from the elbow towards the shoulder. You get the idea. get your husband/partner to do it for you. Its a great way of getting a bit of pampering. It also helps with exfoliation so use a nice body lotion after brushing and you'll have skin as soft as a babys bottom!

I doubt you have cellulite on your belly, but if you do, I'm not sure if body brushing your belly is safe whilst pregnant.

Also, as cellulite is caused by a drainage issue in the fat layers, be sure to drink plenty of water.

Hope this helps and good luck with the rest of the pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

I have noticed the same thing.. thanks for the advice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭short

Thanks for that

Advertisement