Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper Van / Caravan for a year in Germany

Options
  • 02-12-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

There is a possibility I might be going to Basil, Switzerland working for a year. Apartment Rental or Hotels are off the scale in Basil, so reading through the threads here gave me an idea. I have found an all year round campsite just 8 KM from Basil inside the German border, so I was going to buy a Camper or Caravan in Germany, from a dealer, park it for the year in the campsite and then sell it back to the Dealer. I would use public transport to go to work. OK, I will take a loss on it but it is still wayyy less then trying to pay accomodation in basil.

Is there any flaws in my Grand Plan?

Would a Camper or a Caravan be more suitable for what I am using it for?

Can anyone give me some links for dealers in Germany that they have dealt with or can recommend? I wouldnt even bother with Insurance, just get it delivered to the site.
    Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

I would suggest that you purchase a Caravan. It would be a lot easier to do so. Have a look at www.mobile.de You will be able to get an English page on this site, and go to caravans & motorhomes to begin your search. You may be able to narrow your search to the area you are travelling to to purchase your caravan/motorhome

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Snake_Doctor

Thanks for the Info, just waiting now to see if I get the Job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Gin77

Why buy a caravan at all, most campsites in europe will rent out cabins. It will save you a lot of hassle trying to sell the Caravan later.

Advertisement