Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to upload CV to Monster

Options
  • 02-12-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

About to do this and looking from advice from anyone who has already done it.

1. Should I remove my email address & mobile number from CV and allow contact only through monster?
    2. Any other advice?

TIA..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

About to do this and looking from advice from anyone who has already done it.

1. Should I remove my email address & mobile number from CV and allow contact only through monster?
    2. Any other advice?

TIA..

Hi OP,

I don't add my email or mobile number on monster cv any more as I was sick of getting private calls from recruitment agencies and other places. I just don't answer private calls any more they are just a nuisance.
    So decided to remove my email and mobile number from monster cv and other recruitment agency websites. Just have CV and if they want to contact me they can do so by the email link.

Your link to your email will be the only thing that contacts will have access too so they will have to click on that to send you an email that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

The last time I put my CV up, I spent a tenner on a ready to go SIM, put it in an old phone, turned on voice mail and put the phone on silent. The tsunami can start as early as 8.15am :(

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

dazberry wrote: »
    The last time I put my CV up, I spent a tenner on a ready to go SIM, put it in an old phone, turned on voice mail and put the phone on silent. The tsunami can start as early as 8.15am :(

D.

Yeah but did any good come out of the tsunami?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Jesus Nut

No good ever comes out of a tsunami.

Jesus Nut wrote: »
    No good ever comes out of a tsunami.

Safer Nuclear Power generation. Early warning systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Yeah but did any good come out of the tsunami?

Not really no. The first time (where I quickly learned to get a second phone) nothing came out of it at all (34 calls in 2 days), the second time (18 months later) I got a new job which I left after 9 weeks.

D.

My CV was uploaded last week but so far it has only been viewed by 3 employers. I’ve been told by a few people (one of them Ex Agency) that my CV is good. Is there anything I can do to improve the viewing? Or is the job market just so bad? I'm in IT btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

My CV was uploaded last week but so far it has only been viewed by 3 employers. I’ve been told by a few people (one of them Ex Agency) that my CV is good. Is there anything I can do to improve the viewing? Or is the job market just so bad? I'm in IT btw.

For IT CVs, put as many keywords in as you can so that it will come up in searches. For example, instead of saying "Experienced in networking", instead say "Experienced with Cisco, IOS, and Juniper"

Alot of recruiters don't know what any of the requirements are, they just match the requirements they were given with CVs.

Advertisement