Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about my drinking

Options
  • 02-12-2011 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I think I have an alcohol dependency, in fact I know I have one. I drink bottles of red wine on my own, for example last night I had 2 bottles of red wine.On Tuesday night I had 1, last sunday I had 1 as well as last saturday and friday, im worried about myself actually because theres not even a social excuse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Shadowcomplex.
    You need to make a good plan to get & stay sober. Look in the other threads here for lots of great ideas.
    It seems your drinking to 'escape' is a habit that you've learned somewhere along the line. You can replace that with a new, healthier habit such as exercise, meditation, old hobbies etc.

Wishing you the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Hi Shadowcomplex.

Been there. And though you may think you are in a bad place right now, there is light at the end of the tunnel because you've made a post here and accepted showing that you don't want this as a life anymore. That is significant so pat yourself on the back.

What comes next is up to you and no-one else. In my case, it took me 5 years from that point you are at, i.e. 'I don't want this anymore' to actually quitting because I had to get my head around it and was a scared of what life would be like without it.

So, I spent a lot of time reflecting on it, researching, reading survivor stories and preparing a plan, a new life. I realise I was a bit slow about it but that's the way I take on BIG things. Other people just wake up one day and quit and that can work for them.

So, I'm rambling on a bit here but I just want to say that you aren't on your own and there is an alternative to life as you are living it now.

Sermon over! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

And on that note, I'm afraid we can't offer advice for your concerns on this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement