Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Direct Debit - Can I still be charged if it's bounced?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I cancelled a direct debit a week or two ago, because the company I set it up with pretty much lied to me when I signed up. I cancelled it online with PTSB, and I just saw today that the DD bounced for €0, so that's good. What I'm afraid of now is that I'll be charged for the bounced DD, even though I cancelled it in plenty of time.

Would I have any comeback if I'm charged?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

No. Only by the company can charge for whatever the costs are, they will probably just send you a letter about it. It's just seen from the banks perspective as a company trying to take money from your account without your permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

Highly unlikey that you will be charged by your bank - check your T&C's to be sure.

Advertisement