Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unreliable post?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I figured it'd get the most attention here!

Has anyone else noticed the postal service slowing down a lot in the last 6 months? I get a lot of stuff sent to me and where packages, especially from England, would usually arrive in under a week but now they are taking the guts of a fortnight to arrive. Even local post is taking longer.

Myself and the OH have a lot of family Stateside and the amount of stuff that's gone missing coming from both sides of the Atlantic is ridiculous - it's at the point where we don't bother anymore.

So, have we just pissed off our postman or is there something else to it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

There's a big family in No.7. Maybe the post man is putting all your post in that letter box. Where it will get the most attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I've always found An Post to be fantastic. Your problem might be with the UK and US postal service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I live in number 7, that's not it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I figured it'd get the most attention here!

Has anyone else noticed the postal service slowing down a lot in the last 6 months? I get a lot of stuff sent to me and where packages, especially from England, would usually arrive in under a week but now they are taking the guts of a fortnight to arrive. Even local post is taking longer.

Myself and the OH have a lot of family Stateside and the amount of stuff that's gone missing coming from both sides of the Atlantic is ridiculous - it's at the point where we don't bother anymore.

So, have we just pissed off our postman or is there something else to it?

You're called Captain Slow, they probably think you like that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Your postman has developed arthritis. Probably

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've always been impressed with the speed and cost of delivery from Ireland and the UK to France (although stuff from Jersey takes insanely long). Maybe it's your local sorting office?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I'm surprised. Usually it's pretty good. My family out in Connacht have no problem getting post and they live in a part where they don't do addresses. Just have to put down your name and the village where you're from :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I thought this thread was going to be about someone posting dis-information on boards....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I've always been impressed with the speed and cost of delivery from Ireland and the UK to France (although stuff from Jersey takes insanely long). Maybe it's your local sorting office?

Perhaps they're out of sorts.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Years ago a letter from Ireland to the UK cost the same as an internal letter. Now this only applies to the island of Ireland (55c to NI) so a letter to GB is at least 82c same as for USA or Australia. Similarly a letter from GB to Ireland is at least 68p as opposed 46p First Class or 36p Second Class internally.

Some people have not got used to the idea of this change resulting in underpaid mail. This mail gets delayed so if you get Christmas cards from GB in the New Year have a look at the stamp, this could be the reason.

Ade Edmondson on That's Britain BBC1 7.30pm 7 Dec is supposed to be doing a feature following a letter posted in England through the system to Scotland, could be interesting.

http://www.tellygraph.com/channels/bbc/julia-bradbury-and-nick-knowles-host-new-four-part-series-for-bbc-one/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I buy quite a bit online and never have any problems. An Post are excellent. Live in Waterford City.

Advertisement