Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power and PayPal

Options
  • 02-12-2011 7:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just want to warn everyone about placing bets on the Paddy Power Website using PayPal.

It appears that it is OK to place a bet on Paddy Power using PayPal if the original source of the money in your PayPal account came from a bank account in Ireland or UK but NOT USA, Canada or anywhere else where gambling is prohibited.

• Here’s what happen me:
    • Built 3 websites for customers in the USA.
    • Got paid via PayPal form the 3 customers.
    • Used some of the money to fund my gambling on Paddy Power
    • Then, not only did MY PayPal account get frozen by PayPal, but so did the PayPal accounts if my customers also. And PayPal emailed them accusing them of gambling on Paddy Power.:eek:
    But I don’t blame PayPal.:confused:

To PayPal it would appear as if I was an intermediary to facilitate the process of placing bets or securing offshore gambling for people in the USA, which is against PayPal rules and understandably.

No, I have a problem with Paddy Power. Why is he to blame?

Back when 3V Vouchers were on the go, it was not possible to use them on Paddy Power. There was a block on them so they were not accepted on Paddy Power. So there should be a block on depositing funds to your Paddy Power account via PayPal if PayPal are going to freeze your account afterwards.

Gamblers beware!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Pay Pal don't offer this information - i.e. the source of the money into your account, therefore how can you blame the bookmaker?

Have you read the T&Cs of your Pay Pal account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Since when was gambling illegal in Canada?

Pokerstars is in Canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 howard rush

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Have you read the T&Cs of your Pay Pal account?

I have and it took quite some time I tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 howard rush

old_aussie wrote: »
    Since when was gambling illegal in Canada?

Pokerstars is in Canada

Not what my point was about. Canadians cannot use Paddy Power, so if get money from them don't use it on Paddy power

Advertisement