Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience for the EU/UN

Options
  • 02-12-2011 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that I could apply for work experience relating to the EU or the UN. I'm really interested in international relations and politics and stuff like that, so I'd love to get experience there. I've looked around but I haven't really found anywhere, so I decided to ask here and see if anyone had any ideas. :pac:

I know I've left it a bit late... But yeah. Any suggestions/opinions whatsoever would be appreciated at this stage!

I'm in Dublin, btw. :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Doing work experience with say, the EU Commision, would require someone to live with in Brussels. As for the UN, do they have a big Irish office? Guess you could ask, but you'd never get into the New York set up I'd reckon :pac:
    I think a better bet may be some sort of NGO - Oxfam or Trocaire maybe?
    Bare in mind you wont beco-ordinating international policy, more likely shredding stuff and making tea :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Yeah I'm sure if you gave The White House a bell they'd let Mr.Obama step aside and let you have a go at presidency for a week or so.

Advertisement