Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Calendars

Options
  • 01-12-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Lads, for sure thought someone would've started a thread for this :D OK, so I'm no longer a younger type person ;), but I still always have an advent calendar, it's the law!!

So this year I have gone for the Cadbury's one, mainly because I left it so late in buying one and this was the nicest one left. Delighted to open it and have my first Christmas chocolate of the season.

So, which one do you have?? ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have the cadbury's one aswell.. I haven't opened it yet, but will be soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I bought the cadburys ones for my 3 kids as well. My 4 yr old isnt pleased that she can only open one window a day lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

My son (13) has a cadburys one too but he tends to forget about it and then open a weeks worth together! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

if they did one with a variety of naggins of alcohol instead of chocolates I would buy one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

I still buy one for my two, and one of them is in his 20's.:o
    (actually it's for me really)
    Just a bit of fun, to get them into the spirit of things in this day and age.

A question tho, I got my daughter a cadbury's one and she pointed out yesterday that there was no 25TH!!
    What's that about?
    It's usually the BIGGEST one. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Realtine wrote: »
    I still buy one for my two, and one of them is in his 20's.:o
    (actually it's for me really)
    Just a bit of fun, to get them into the spirit of things in this day and age.

A question tho, I got my daughter a cadbury's one and she pointed out yesterday that there was no 25TH!!
    What's that about?
    It's usually the BIGGEST one. :(

YEAH!! :eek:I noticed that as well, once I got home. The Mars one goes until the 25th AND there's a little bar on the 25th. Having said that I will eat soooooooooooo much rubbish that day that I probably won't miss the extra chocolate ;) Still, would be nice to open a door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

if they did one with a variety of naggins of alcohol instead of chocolates I would buy one. :D

There's an idea for Dragons' Den...;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I thought it ends on the 24th because the 25th is actually Christmas, not advent any more?
    However, I remember on Father Ted that Dougal opened his calendar on Christmas day, because he got 'A load of people in a stable' so perhaps they vary. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I have a lindt one!! It's yummy.

Advertisement