Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI load policies when you had a few claims?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

This was the first year that I have had to claim on my VHI. I had three surgeries and I also claimed for travel vaccines and for using the Swiftcare Clinic.

When I renew, will they load my policy and charge me more and if so, is it generally much or will it just increase like it has done each year? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

No, there's no loading on health insurance in Ireland. It's community rated. So your plan may go up if there's a price rise but the price will be the same for everyone on that plan whether you claim or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Well thank God for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

cookie1977 wrote: »
    No, there's no loading on health insurance in Ireland....

It's a different story with life insurance. After one claim the loading is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

It wont matter if the premium goes up and it's your life insurance though :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's a different story with life insurance. After one claim the loading is huge.

:confused:

When you're dead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

The loading on Life Insurance isn't based on your number of claims its based on a huge number of risk factors.
    the major ones are of course, smoking, drinking, weight, family history of terminal diseases, your nedical history etc.

However if you have something like Critical Illness cover as part of your life insurance policy then this WILL be weighted based on the number of critical illness claims you have made.

Advertisement