Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMessage on Tesco mobile

Options
  • 01-12-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm on Tesco Mobile with iPhone4, just found over 40 messages send to +447786205094 which I didn't:eek:, that's cost me €5-6 for the recent 5-6days.
    I did some research that could be the iMessage problem...
    That means if you switch on iMessage, basically you are pay €1 per day!!
    do you have the same problem? :mad:

thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

I am on IPhone myself with iMessage on so I will check this out.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That appears to be the Facetime activation text.

It is a well documented problem, other operators have been refunding people these charges.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    That appears to be the Facetime activation text.

It is a well documented problem, other operators have been refunding people these charges.

We will do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daniruth

cellboy wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I'm on Tesco Mobile with iPhone4, just found over 40 messages send to +447786205094 which I didn't:eek:, that's cost me €5-6 for the recent 5-6days.
    I did some research that could be the iMessage problem...
    That means if you switch on iMessage, basically you are pay €1 per day!!
    do you have the same problem? :mad:

thanks!!

Hi,

it should only send one text to that number to activate FaceTime and iMessage. All operators refund it, or in fact, many don't even charge it to start with for they are aware of it. This happens with operators that sell the iPhone. After that, once it is active, it never costs you anything else.

However, in your case, you seem to be having a problem with activation (that's why there are quite a few texts being sent). In some cases it happens when you change your number or sim card in your iPhone 4. It is a well documented problem as another user says. I would recommend you to switch FaceTime and iMessage completely off, check what number appears in settings---phone---my number and make sure it is the right one. (if not correct it. Sim cards that are used with a ported number at times have problems with the activation, because the phone tries to activate it on the wrong number.) Then restart the phone and then switch FaceTime and iMessage on. The message: "waiting for activation" should have disappeared. And it will not send more texts to that number. There are other procedures to do this activation if what I've just said does not describe your problem. I would recommend you to go to the apple forums and read more about it.
    I hope it all gets sorted,
    Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cellboy

We will do the same

ok, can you pls refund? thanks!

• Advertisement

daniruth wrote: »
    Hi,

it should only send one text to that number to activate FaceTime and iMessage. All operators refund it, or in fact, many don't even charge it to start with for they are aware of it. This happens with operators that sell the iPhone. After that, once it is active, it never costs you anything else.

However, in your case, you seem to be having a problem with activation (that's why there are quite a few texts being sent). In some cases it happens when you change your number or sim card in your iPhone 4. It is a well documented problem as another user says. I would recommend you to switch FaceTime and iMessage completely off, check what number appears in settings---phone---my number and make sure it is the right one. (if not correct it. Sim cards that are used with a ported number at times have problems with the activation, because the phone tries to activate it on the wrong number.) Then restart the phone and then switch FaceTime and iMessage on. The message: "waiting for activation" should have disappeared. And it will not send more texts to that number. There are other procedures to do this activation if what I've just said does not describe your problem. I would recommend you to go to the apple forums and read more about it.
    I hope it all gets sorted,
    Daniel

thanks for the reply, but in my case, my imessage and facetime is always showing activated..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daniruth

thanks for the reply, but in my case, my imessage and facetime is always showing activated..

No problem. Sorry I can't help you,

Have a nice day,
    Daniel

daniruth wrote: »

No problem. Sorry I can't help you,

Have a nice day,
    Daniel

You too! Thx!

ok, can you pls refund? thanks!

PM me with your account details and I will sort on Monday.

PM me with your account details and I will sort on Monday.

thanks Paul! PM have sent to you.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭zeromedic

Just switched to Tesco Mobile Ireland yesterday been charged for the text several times but not activating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Settings > Phone > My number

Is your mobile number set here correctly?

Yes +353 (89) 4546***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

And this is your number (you didn't port a number in from another network?)

No this is a new number. I've done a network reset. Done a full reset, wiped and started as a new phone, put the new number in on account in iTunes all to no avail. Have given up trying as Tesco only refund five of the failed texts "as a gesture of good will as we have no arrangement with Apple"

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jill.benton82

Paul, do you still work at Tesco Mobile? Would like to talk to someone who has resolved this issue and refund me over 10 euro in charges that are still accruing and everyone I have contacted at Tesco Mobile so far has been less than helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

RGB LDN put this up on the Tesco Mobile page and it might work.

Have you tried de-registering your number from iMessage?
    If you go to https://selfsolve.appl...deregister-imessage/ you can enter your number to delete it from apple's server. When you've done that, take the SIM out of your iPhone & put it back in. A message should pop up saying that your carrier may charge for iMeggasge activation, click cancel & that should be it.
    Hope this works for you!

Advertisement