Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are 5310's still available to buy new ?

Options
  • 01-12-2011 10:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if its possible to buy a new nokia 5310 ?

I wish nokia would continue to make it its a classic phone and their best ever music phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try www.amazon.co.uk. Do a search for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Try www.amazon.co.uk. Do a search for it.

Tried that they only have second hand ones.

The ones on ebay from hong kong are fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Given it's a 4 year old phone I doubt you will be able to find many places that would stock it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Not sure I'd class it as a great phone, but I do know for a fact, they don't last long in the Irish sea! Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Amazon.com (US site) have some: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_10?url=search-alias%3Dmobile&field-keywords=nokia+5310&sprefix=nokia+5310

You'll get hit hard for shipping and duty.

• Advertisement

I tried them unfortunately they wont deliver to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Aren'r the newer nokia phones better than it. Why do you want that specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

It's getting hard to find a traditional non-touchscreen with keypad phone that isn't completely useless. I'm not a fan myself but I know enough (of many ages btw!) who simply don't like using touchscreen phones.

I wonder if any of the upcoming Nokia Asha lineup is coming to Ireland, and of course whether they're any good?

EDIT: The Nokia X2-02 is coming out at some point, what do you think of this? It's dual-SIM so don't expect it to be sold through any of the networks.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x202_announced_two_sims_and_a_music_soul-news-3456.php

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Apologies. Wrong info.

The current X2 is a better spec if an older OS.

I kinda agree about touchscreen phones I'm back using a old phone at the moment, its so much faster to use and I charge it once a week.

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote: »
    The current X2 is a better spec if an older OS.

I kinda agree about touchscreen phones I'm back using a old phone at the moment, its so much faster to use and I charge it once a week.

I'd forgotten about the X2-00 actually. I only mentioned the other one because I saw it in my feed reader. I had a quick look at the networks websites and it seems that only O2 are selling it anymore.

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/nokia-x2/19/

If OP doesn't like O2, then this'll be a SIM-free job as well.

Also, searching for this model turned up three different phones. At least the old naming scheme was given the heave-ho.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You could buy a second hand one and new housing, replace it and it will look new. I bought a 5310 when it was released and the cover cracked, it was easy enough to fix. I heard others had trouble with the 3 music buttons falling off thou.

Depends how basic you want to do. Theres a thread on Head Fi about the X01-01 which is meant to sound very good but its S30 which is even more basic. Huge battery life. Its quite cheap sim on the web.

BostonB wrote: »
    Depends how basic you want to do. Theres a thread on Head Fi about the X01-01 which is meant to sound very good but its S30 which is even more basic. Huge battery life. Its quite cheap sim on the web.

I had a look through that thread. Some were suggesting the Nokia 101 instead. I got a bit confused but the gist of it was that the 101 has a better keypad and a smaller battery compared to the X1-01. And that the Nokia 100 does not have an MP3 player. Not sure you can go more basic than that tbh.

The nokia x2 is a brick compared with the 5310.

They should bring out an updated version of the 5310 which is same sized phone but with a better spec like a decent camera and support for lossless audio otherwise its the perfect phone.

Advertisement