Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CrossBows and filming

Options
  • 01-12-2011 9:07pm

Hi,
    I was wondering is there any place or Archery clubs that sell Crossbows, but ones specialized or made more less harmless that can be used for filming. It needs to look real and the part and shoot arrows obviously. The arrows would probably have to be breakable/bendy ones that perhaps look real (Or repainted a wooden color) and aren't sharp (For obvious reasons). Is there any laws or legal requirements else for CrossBows. Not to be used in a hunting / defense manner, like is certified training by person using it required etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Hi,
    I was wondering is there any place or Archery clubs that sell Crossbows, but ones specialized or made more less harmless that can be used for filming. It needs to look real and the part and shoot arrows obviously. The arrows would probably have to be breakable/bendy ones that perhaps look real (Or repainted a wooden color) and aren't sharp (For obvious reasons). Is there any laws or legal requirements else for CrossBows. Not to be used in a hunting / defense manner, like is certified training by person using it required etc.

Thanks!

I'm only starting out in Archery myself so cant help ya with the
    info your looking for.

I do know if its of any use to ya.....
    Crossbows are considered firearms in the eyes of the law
    so there is a requirement for a licence to to be held by the owner of one.
    (80 Euro's per 3 years)

~B

Advertisement