Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Bike Shop around town

Options
  • 01-12-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good and decent bike shop in town (Dublin), that does good reliable work. I am looking at J&P Motorcycles on Pearse st as it is close to my job.

Any sugesstions or coments about above said bike shop, I work in the IFSC so somewhere close by would be great.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭gipi

Is it bike servicing you're looking for?

I used Paddy's Pitstop last time bike needed a service and found it top class.

He's based in Ossory Court which is a small industrial estate on Ossory Rd, just off the North Strand Rd (very convenient for IFSC). There's a map on his website www.paddyspitstop.com

Know a few who've used him for new tyres and were happy with the service they received.

(no connection, just a happy customer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

gipi wrote: »

He's based in Ossory Court which is a small industrial estate on Ossory Rd, just off the North Strand Rd (very convenient for IFSC). There's a map on his website www.paddyspitstop.com

Know a few who've used him for new tyres and were happy with the service they received.

Cheers gipi, yeah it's for basic service stuff good location too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I've bought both my bikes from JP. Never needed to get any work done as I've never had a problem with the bikes. The two lads who run it are sound and will go out of their way for you (although joe will waffle the ears of you if you let him get going :p ). Their prices were always fair when I compared them to others. I know a few lads who have had work there and never reported any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OK I've been in Ossory Ind Est twice and couldn't find the garage - when I enter the gates where do I go?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭gipi

It's in one of the lock-ups to the right as you go into the estate. When you drive in, there's a wide parking area and ahead on the right the road narrows towards a cul de sac. His lock up is about where the road narrows. There's a car repair workshop beside him, I think?

Hard to spot when closed, but when he's open there are several bikes parked outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It's in one of the lock-ups to the right as you go into the estate. When you drive in, there's a wide parking area and ahead on the right the road narrows towards a cul de sac. His lock up is about where the road narrows. There's a car repair workshop beside him, I think?

Hard to spot when closed, but when he's open there are several bikes parked outside.

Grand stuff, I'll give it another try on the way home this evening.

I've to fit new rear shocks, fork seals/oil and steering head bearings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Mototechnic in kimmage is good.

But for city centre I'd go to JP on Pearse street on the south side, Leo Reilly on the north side.

Advertisement