Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing Rejection

Options
  • 01-12-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

I was wondering can piercings that were healing fine start rejecting if you get really stressed like at exam times.. Mines have just started getting really sore and not very pleasant. I have been cleaning etc. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It is possible. Are they surface piercings or where are they? Sometimes because you're stressed and you're not feeling 100% your piercings can act up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Does it look like they've moved at all? They could just be a little 'angry' if you're unwell/stressed or if you bumped or aggravated it in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

It's a lobe & rim piercing.. Been kinda fluey too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

How long have you had them done? I always find that once my immune system is low one or two of my piercings get a bit iffy. Try get back to 100% health, all the while soaking the piercings with sea salt and water. If the problem is still there after a few days of you being good and healthy they could be rejecting.

They've been done 4-5 weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

My lip piercing has been doing the same, got it done start of november and it never healed fully, but now with a cold its getting worse. Tbh I'm thinking of taking it out, will this cause any problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

PlayGirl wrote: »
    My lip piercing has been doing the same, got it done start of november and it never healed fully, but now with a cold its getting worse. Tbh I'm thinking of taking it out, will this cause any problems?

If there's any infection there at all, taking it out yourself and letting it close could be quite dangerous, you'd could trap the infection and develop an abscess. I'd get it checked by your piercer before taking it out.

Update if you're interested ;)

My ears healed up nicely after my exams.. Stupid exams..

Advertisement