Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DO NOT buy from parisciel.com

Options
  • 01-12-2011 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have had THE worst experience in my life with dresses website www.parisciel.com

Do NOT be fooled by the lovely dresses and cheapish prices.

I ordered 2 dresses which cost me €300 and paid €43 for express delivery which i was told would reach me within 3 days.

I didnt receive the goods until 7 days later, too late for the occasion i needed them for.

I contacted the company asking for a refund, as it stated on the website "no quibbles refund policy" after 4 attempts of trying to get in contact, a lady called <SNIP> replied to me and basically told me I was wrong and that they state on their website it would be 7 days....but where can you find this information??...through a whole load of links and pages..thats where..

Not only this, the company claim to be from Paris, France. Infact they are actually based in Hong Kong..much to my dismay. So I had no rights what so ever and I was told this very smugly by <SNIP>.

Not only this but I got slapped with a €130 VAT/DUTY invoice from DHL because I brought the dresses in from an international company. I was never aware of this, it was stated no where on the website.

Frankly this website is a complete <SNIP>. So please please do not buy from them. I will be writing this exact same note to all national newspapers in hope that the company will be shut down.

So now i am almost €450 down on therun up to christmas. I dont want it ti happen to anybosy else!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Sorry to here that. In future sometimes it can be handy to use whois. It'll tell you a little bit more about the site. It's not always accurate but it might help you in making purchase decisions:

http://www.whois.net

http://www.whois.net/whois/parisciel.com.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I had a quick look at the site and can't find where the company is to blame for the problems that you experienced.
    It took me less than 30 secs to see in the Terms & Conditions that
    Paris Ciel is based in Hong Kong UNIT 04 7/F, BRIGHT WAY TOWER, 33 MONG KOK RD, KL, Hong Kong. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts.

Regarding the shipping:
    All Shipping is by International Express shipping. All orders will be sent from our store within 48 hours, and reach your shipping address within 7 business days, except tailor made dresses.

Seven business days can be 10 or more calendar days, depending on the day of the order.

Caveat emptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

chars19 wrote: »
    .but where can you find this information??...through a whole load of links and pages..thats where..

Not only this, the company claim to be from Paris, France. Infact they are actually based in Hong Kong..much to my dismay. So I had no rights what so ever and I was told this very smugly by Fiona.

Homepage -> Change language to English -> Terms And Conditions

I'd argue that one click from the home page is not exactly hidden behind layers of links. I'm also sure you ticked a box along the way to acknowledge the terms too.

Now the second part is a bit grey - Again in the terms and conditions they state they are based in Honk Kong but their about us page lists a French address so I would agree the site is misleading in part.

Advertisement