Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keratin Hair Extensions

Options
  • 01-12-2011 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Boardsies ,

I'm just wondering has anybody got these in or do they have an opinion on them??

One of my friends got them in and although they are gorgeous, real hair nice and shiny ,matched perfectly to her hair, the glue is after sticking all of her own hair alng her hairline together and it just looks rank!!

I know all the celebs are wearing them eg- britney after her bald episode,georgia salpa advertises them,

but what do you think about them??
    I was really up for getting them done myself until i saw her hair almost matted at the root :(

I hear hotlox is the best place tog et them??
    has anyone got them done before???

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

I got them done and I loved them. My hair all matted at the root too, but a trick to try and stop this happening is to not throw your hair over when drying it with the hair dryer. (found this out after i got them out lol) It wasn't too bad once the extensions where out to get the mats. The only thing is a lot of people loose hair from them when they get them taken out, i didnt personally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Have a look at microrings. Much better! Do a search and you'll see some info on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Personally I wouldn't put glue in extensions next or near my hair. Theyre not worth the hassle, not when you can get such good micro ring or clip in ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I'm gettin mine done for chirstmas.I have short enough hair and im really paronoid that they wont blend in.Im willing to try them thought but dont want them to wreck my own hair as I don't want to have to get it cut short again.any advice on maintanence

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I tried keratin extensions and while they didn't wreck my hair, it was def worse off after getting them. Got micro rings and they're much better, you just have to stick to the maintenance schedule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

Pythia wrote: »
    Have a look at microrings. Much better! Do a search and you'll see some info on them.

So everyone agrees micro ring is the better choice....

I had micro rings in before and i do agree they are very "hair friendly" if you will, the only loss I saw was when i got the out and brushed through my hair it was the hair that would have fallen out over time anyway,

the thing is, my hair is in a very short bob , growing it out from a frankie sandford style crop before so with the slightest gust of wind you would see the micro ring part at the root immediatley and there's nothing worse then having extensions and they are painfully ovbious in your hair. :/
    i think if i got the micro rings in i'd end up looking like britney on a bad day,

the keratin ones are practically invisable, would only be in for the 3-4 months until my hair was a practical length again...

I just don't want to have too much damage if possible!!

what you think ???

Sashiee wrote: »
    So everyone agrees micro ring is the better choice....

I had micro rings in before and i do agree they are very "hair friendly" if you will, the only loss I saw was when i got the out and brushed through my hair it was the hair that would have fallen out over time anyway,

the thing is, my hair is in a very short bob , growing it out from a frankie sandford style crop before so with the slightest gust of wind you would see the micro ring part at the root immediatley and there's nothing worse then having extensions and they are painfully ovbious in your hair. :/
    i think if i got the micro rings in i'd end up looking like britney on a bad day,

the keratin ones are practically invisable, would only be in for the 3-4 months until my hair was a practical length again...

I just don't want to have too much damage if possible!!

what you think ???

I have seen the keratain ones on a girl in hairspray.the bonds are tiny!micro beading I think the bonds are way too big.im gonna get keratain today,im growing my hair out from a very similar style also.Ill let you know how I get on if you want

I have seen the keratain ones on a girl in hairspray.the bonds are tiny!micro beading I think the bonds are way too big.im gonna get keratain today,im growing my hair out from a very similar style also.Ill let you know how I get on if you want

Hiya, yeah i actually got mine done last week full head of Keratin Bonds with real Indian Hair..actually love it! the hairdresser even did the balayage in my own hair so it's now gone from short and blonde to long and brown / medium blonde and i love it!!!

you can only see the bonds if i try to tie mine in a high pony and the only difference in my hair routiene is a leave in heat protector creme.....
    i'd try the aussie conditioner too it's supposed to be the best!
    Hope you love them as much as I love mine :)

Have a Lovely Christmas

Sashiee

Hey sashiee.
    Glad you like yours.where they expensive ?what heat protector do you use.I really like mine just hope I can afford to get them back in when needs be!

Hi IrishGirl19,

Sorry about the very late reply, but i've been out of touch!!

How are your extensions keeping??
    Mine got very dry very quickly,
    I think it's because they had to be dyed to match my hair color.

What I find great is the Aussie 3 min ute conditioner and their Heat protection creme..it's really thick so you can coat every strand in it to protect the hair.
    I then use their curl definition serum to add shine when i'm styling but recently to tackle the dryness i've been using a keratin oil which i leave in overnight and the hair stays lovely and shiny and less fuzz-able!!!

How are you finding yours?? I think mine are after growing out about an inch to 2 already and i don't think it's my own hair growth...so I might have to get them re-done earlier then I anticipated :(

Sashiee

• Advertisement

Hi Sashiee,
    I have gotten mine out.
    had them in a month and after a few weeks found that they were pulling down really hard on my scalp and making my head itchy.Also there was alot of shedding which I was promised there wouldn't be.
    Dissapointed.went to my own salon as wasn't handing over the 100 euro they charge to remove them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Don't mean to hi jack... I got micro ring ones put in last year, I still have the hair that was used. Could I get the same ones put in again??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Misticles wrote: »
    Don't mean to hi jack... I got micro ring ones put in last year, I still have the hair that was used. Could I get the same ones put in again??

I asked my hair dresser about that last time I had mine done. He said that he used to do it but they were shedding much quicker if he used the old ones and people complained so he stopped. Apparently the bonds get weak. He also said that the main cost is labour not hair so, in his salon anyway, it's not so much cheaper without the hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Cool, thanks Pythia :)

Hi Sashiee,
    I have gotten mine out.
    had them in a month and after a few weeks found that they were pulling down really hard on my scalp and making my head itchy.Also there was alot of shedding which I was promised there wouldn't be.
    Dissapointed.went to my own salon as wasn't handing over the 100 euro they charge to remove them

hii,
    Awh sorry to hear..It's such a waste of money and time when they don't work out but I guess thats the gamble :/

they were quite hard on my hair aswell around the nape of my neck but I just presume this is because of the pulling from when I would tie them up.

Ended up getting them cut myself last week so theyre gone from bra strap length to just below my shoulders ......

Maybe if you don't like the pulling and if your ever willing to get them done again there si a new type of glue extension out that one of my friends has tried and the hair weight is evenly distributed if you like,she seems to be getting on very well with them.

http://www.americandreamextensions.com/qwik-x-silky-straight---100-human-hair-179-p.asp

Advertisement