Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blow Out - or Quiet Christmas

Options
  • 01-12-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

What kind of Christmas is everyone having this year. Last year we had a blow out Christmas - remember it was all doom and gloom - the IMF came in - the decorations were put up in the streets early to cheer people up, you couldn't get around because of the bad weather - lots of people decided to have a blow out Christmas last year - the last hurray, so to speak.

So this year - are youz all going to repeat the process, or quieten it down this time.

For me and my kids it will be a very quiet laid back affair this Christmas. No big gestures, no over the top days out, just simple Christmas tree, simple presents, simple meals, and lots of time.

How about anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Last year was pretty laid back for me - didn't realise it was a "blow out" year!!
    It'll be the same again this year - go home on the 24th, chill out with the parents, get up on the 25th, exchange gifts, have dinner and spend the rest of the say on the couch eating roses and watching telly :D

There are no kids in our family so it's a more reserved affair. Plus, I think we are all watching our money more carefully, so I am going to try to shop cleverly and buy good stuff, and not panic and buy overpriced rubbish two days beforehand.

Advertisement