Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get my items valued/authenticated?

Options
  • 30-11-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi all, I have picked up a couple of items in the last year and I am curious to get them authenticated, and valued if possible, though not essential. So I picked up a lovely M1 helmet, second generation one I think. And I also purchased a 1939, unused Gas Mask, Which I think may have been issued to households, but that's a bit of a wild guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

If you want you can post up photo's here and let the lads have a look and point you in the right direction.ebay would be a good place to give you an idea of price if you can find similar matches but should differ from what a dealer would probably value it,if searching for a dealer for valuation then you could go to one of the fairs or shows on at various times around the country,have a look at the events thread for info on them.Also maybe depending on your location someone may be able to point you to a dealer located near you.Lastly if it is a civilian gas mask then these were issued in huge numbers and won't be worth a lot.

Advertisement