Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rangers games

Options
  • 30-11-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭

So i'm hope to head to ny in jan on the 19th for 3 weeks. what games would be good to see the rangers play against. I can't pick who I well choose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Lots and lots to choose from. Im jealous. Rangers are having a good year. Its a pity you are arriving on the 19th because the Pens are playing them on that day. Catching a game in the Garden with Crosby... that would be brilliant. However you probably cant make that. Id be looking at a Bruins, Lightning or Flyers game. My preference on watching the Lightning provided they dont pull anymore of that 1-3-1 bull****. Next would be Flyers and then Bruins. Any of those games should be quality.

EDIT: Just saw the Bruins game is away, so that one is out. I would have considered the Capitals game on the 12th but they are having a **** year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

Crapbag wrote: »
    Lots and lots to choose from. Im jealous. Rangers are having a good year. Its a pity you are arriving on the 19th because the Pens are playing them on that day. Catching a game in the Garden with Crosby... that would be brilliant. However you probably cant make that. Id be looking at a Bruins, Lightning or Flyers game. My preference on watching the Lightning provided they dont pull anymore of that 1-3-1 bull****. Next would be Flyers and then Bruins. Any of those games should be quality.

EDIT: Just saw the Bruins game is away, so that one is out. I would have considered the Capitals game on the 12th but they are having a **** year.

I seen the pens last year at msg. Just before crosby hurt himself. Rangers lost. I was thinking of washington just for alex.

I can put up a clip later of that game. I'll look through the phone first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Islanders and Devils not too far away either, I think the Pens are at the Islanders during your stay. I may catch a Devils game if I can get away from work as I have not been to a game there yet.

I will be in NY for the Pens game, I have tickets and a few bucks for beer and hot dogs:D

There is a fair chance I will be there for the Caps game as well, if you fancy a beer I have a buddy with a nice "hockey" bar in Manhattan. He was in the NHL so nice stories and the odd player comes in from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

The Capitals look like a different team this year. Really oddly off form, usually they wait until the playoffs before the mess it up. However Boudreau is gone and Dale Hunter is in, so watch them over the next few weeks. Here's hoping for their sake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

krissovo wrote: »
    Islanders and Devils not too far away either, I think the Pens are at the Islanders during your stay.
    I was out at the Nassau Coliseum when I was over in NYC during the summer for a non-hockey event. Its a hour or so on a train from Penn Station. You would need to get a taxi from the nearest station which is maybe 10-15 mins away from the Colisuem...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Devils at the garden is the best one out of that lot. Great atmosphere at those games. Lightning would be a good game but the atmosphere will be quite dull to be honest. Make sure you get your ticket asap. The rangers are flying at the moment and games are well attended. I usually go for the $95 ones which gets you an excellent view. Any closer to the action and it is $300+.

Advertisement