Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busy Boardsie

Options
  • 30-11-2011 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I just had a look at all my threads/subscriptions here on Boards and come to the conclusion that I need to get a life outside of Boards.redface.gif I'm a sad sad person!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Jelly
    You've only got 747 posts.....

<_<
    >_>
    >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

And you've got.........OMG! (Dear Lord, please don't let me be likened unto others, such as Beruthiel with 34,103 posts! Yes Lord, 34,103!")

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Ya.
    Thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭cml387

Yes but Beruthiel's been on Boards since the days when you sent in your response on a postcard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

cml387 wrote: »
    Yes but Beruthiel's been on Boards since the days when you sent in your response on a postcard

Cheeky! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭rebelwoman

Are you sure it wasnt when replies were sent in using smoke signals coz thats one hell of a lot of replies!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Knowing when to play it safe... I am on Beruthiel's side in this one.:D

Obviously looking for the 1 millionth post sometime this year? (Only got 1 month to go :pac:

Jelly it isn't the number of posts you make, it is the time you take to make them and how much joy and love you put in them for others to share.

(Dear heaven did I just say THAT??)

Anyway Jelly get what you put in, don't count the posts and enjoy the place, that's what it is all about really.

PS I noticed that your joining date is similar to mine and yet I posted twice as many times as you have. I can only hope my posts have as much in them as yours have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

spelling
    Rubecula wrote: »
    Knowing when to play it safe... I am on Beruthiel's side in this one.:D

Obviously looking for the 1 millionth post sometime this year? (Only got 1 month to go :pac:

Jelly it isn't the number of posts you make, it is the time you take to make them and how much joy and love you put in them for others to share.

(Dear heaven did I just say THAT??)

Anyway Jelly get what you put in, don't count the posts and enjoy the place, that's what it is all about really.

PS I noticed that your joining date is similar to mine and yet I posted twice as many times as you have. I can only hope my posts have as much in them as yours have.

It's not the number of posts ... it's the quality that counts.

Maybe a points system could be introduced where posters have to rate the previous post before they can post a reply.

Personally, I'd like to be able to give a thumbs up to a post I agree with.

Nothing to do with thanking a poster which uses the thumbs up icon. However, it is only applies to the category in which the post was made and is not carried over to other categories.

I agree with OO. I usually give a 'thumbs up' for a 'thank you' or 'I agree', perhaps a different icon for each would be better? Let's go further, could we give......votes for good manners, and then take 'em away again if the poster annoys us! ;):D Doubt that's a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

I'm not sure that I'd like that scenario. Surely at our age we have enough nous to know what is within the parameters. Acting the Mother Theresa is one thing but admonishing people because they annoy or disagree with you is a bit, er, Orwellian. I want to grow old disgracefully. Anyone else out there? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I just had a look at all my threads/subscriptions here on Boards and come to the conclusion that I need to get a life outside of Boards.redface.gif I'm a sad sad person!

Why not develop your life further inside boards...so much easier:pac:

Cicero wrote: »
    Why not develop your life further inside boards...so much easier:pac:

This could be a trap!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement