Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boys name

Options
  • 29-11-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Just looking for an opinion on the name Coran...

I have a short list of Daniel...James..Coran...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

How would 'Coran' be pronounced, it sounds pretty similar to the 'Qur'an'...
    I really love James, Daniel might end up being turned into 'Dan'.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Coran is nice, never heard it before.. Sounds very Irish

Would it be like Corán (Corr-awn)?

Or Cor-ann?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

A girl I know named her son Corrán; it's the Irish for a crescent moon or a sickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 magalot

cool name!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

Thanks for the responses...it is pronounced the same as oran with a c (yes xzanti Cor-ann) I really like it but not to sure if its to different..it is a saints name but obviously not a very well known one..I would be afraid people would think it was just a made up name...

I like strong boys name but not sure if this is one..

Curlyhatescurls one of my friends said the same thing about it sounding like 'Qur'an'...and also i really don't like Daniel being shortened to Dan..that puts me off it...
    The decisions..I just don't seem to be able to make any decisions lately...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

I've not heard that name before, but I quite like coran. It's unusual without being weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

I was christined Daniel but I prefer Dan.

Nothing at all wrong with that name. Besides I already have 3 strong names for my future boy's, ha ha xD

Hate anything other than Dan/Daniel. Danny.... if people call me that i go spa! mad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

would ya consider just oran?
    I like both daniel and james :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

Sorry LimerickDan didn't mean to offend...i just don't like shortened down manes in general...

dublinlady..for some reason i am not as keen on oran even though it sounds so similar..

Advertisement