Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information Security Considerations when doing business in Singapore

Options
  • 29-11-2011 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Greetings.
    I have been given an interesting challenge to ascertain Info Sec (particularly Data Privacy ) and any other regulatory considerations if one was going to establish an office there. I would be gald to receive opinions/ suggestions on same
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I'd suggest approaching the office of the data protection commissioner to get some definitive advice. They're really good people, know what they are at, are very focused and are very approachable - best go to them before they come to you :) Their web address is dataprotection.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

The Singapore regulator is quite active in policing their data protection regulations; maybe more so than our own.

Generally, good practices should always apply so you would need to consider how you are protecting data and systems from unauthorised access. Secure communications channels are also important and I have heard of cases where the regulator there will issue mandates to use encrypted comms especially where passwords to payments systems are being transmitted.

If you are unsure about all of this, contact a security consultancy for more advice.

Advertisement