Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter triathlon series (cycle, run, kayak)

Options
  • 29-11-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

As part of training, i am organising a Winter triathlon series out of Celbridge Paddlers Canoe Club. First race will be this Saturday (Dec 3rd) starting at 2p.m.

- Long course is 8km cycle (with hill), 4km run, 8km paddle.
    -Intermediate course is 8km cycle (with hill), 4km run, 4km paddle.
    - Short course is 4km cycle, 2km run, 4km paddle.

Entry is free. Any volunteers for marshelling and time keeping are much appreciated! Boats and paddles will be provided for those who don't have them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Let us know how this goes. Sounds like a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭carthoris

This does sound like a lot of fun!

Shall the races be on every weekend and will the be advertised before each weekend ?

What type of boats do you provide ? Dancers, wavehoppers, K1s ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

We are planning on running these races on the first weekend of each month between now and April. Boats provided will be dancers, wavehoppers or stable K1's. Whatever you're happiest with. First come, first serve on the boats though....

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clarke85

hi there,
    total noob here am going to try my first triathlon next summer am training away on my lonsome,i have never done kayaking before well once or twice yrs ago,would i be able to partake in this with you guys ? maybe i will leave it till the next one you are doing if its going to be every month,but would be nice to train with someone and see how these actually work out.
    thanks,
    eamonn.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Hi Eamonn!

You are more than welcome to join in. The paddle section is on the grand canal which is perfectly safe for beginner kayakers. If you are a complete newbie, we may be able to pair you up with another paddler in a double kayak. There seems to be quite a bit of interest in this from the different pages i've posted it on, so we should be able to sort something out on the day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 clarke85

gr8 well keep posted when your arranging the next one, il be there. thanks for the quick reply,

eamonn

Advertisement