Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anyone handy & cheap for fixing old mobiles?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Hi,

anyone know anyone handy & cheap for fixing old mobiles? I'm average handy and can replace screens etc but I am a bit stumped as to what is wrong with this Nokia 6230 (loads of reliability problems) and an old 3310.

Yes, I can buy a festival phone for 20 odd euro. have gotten one free for my father using cherry points. My point is that I want to get these old phones going again. I still, occasionally use an old Panasonic GD92, even though I currently have a Nokia E72 and its now 5 year old ancestor, the E61. I have ALL of my old phones. I like keeping them working.

We all have our fetishes, faults and foibles....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Not sure of anywhere in Offaly, but Dublin is littered with them small chinese shops fixing, unblocking, selling phones etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Thanks Dusty,

got a number pm'd to me for a Polish guy in Portlaoise.

These are old handsets. Just want to see if its something simple etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've been trying to get some old mobiles working, to use as a backup and spare phones. But even after spending a lot effort on then, they all were all still flaky as anything. Ditto any 2nd hand phones I bought. In the end I just bought one of these. Sim Free Samsung Cobble E1150 in extravision, €29. Its extremely basic but does the job.

BostonB wrote: »
    I've been trying to get some old mobiles working, to use as a backup and spare phones. But even after spending a lot effort on then, they all were all still flaky as anything. Ditto any 2nd hand phones I bought. In the end I just bought one of these. Sim Free Samsung Cobble E1150 in extravision, €29. Its extremely basic but does the job.

Thanks, appreciate that. Yeh, as I said, I bought a festival phone on VF for €29.

Bought 2 replacements batteries from an eBay crowd down in North Cork for €7 delivered. Both phones are worth 10-30 on ebay on a very good day. Zero on another.

Its just me, I'm stingy :D. Still have my Panasonic GD90 and GD92. I actually love the GD92, one of the coolest phones of its time. POP email when the iPhone was still a bad dream after a dodgy curry http://www.gsmarena.com/panasonic_gd92-125.php

• Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

There is a guy in Edenderry who fixes phones, and he has been doing it for years so he is familiar with all the old ones. I'll try get his number later on.

• Advertisement

That would be great, thanks :)

Advertisement