Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Broadband with 3 days

Options
  • 29-11-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hi

i am hoping someone from Eircom can help me.
    I swithched back from Vodafone 2 weeks ago after a very nice Sales guys called to my door.
    I had been with Vodafone for 2 years and said i would give the NGB a try.
    I got my text last week to say my phone had switched over.
    On Sunday morning my Broadband went,I firstly rang the automated Broadband support line and it said it had no record of me,i rang Customer Care yesterday and was infiormed i was on a list for connection( i have always wanted to be on a list,not)
    Anyway,she said that Vodafone should not have cut me off,Vodafone have said they cut me off as they had been contacted by Eircom.
    So now it seems to be no ones fault,i am in my 3rd day without Broadband,i am not blaming Eircom completely but if i had not switched i wouldnt be writing this.
    Plus,i was asked for my Account Number,i actually dont have one,the sum total of communication since i signed over has been 1 text.

Can someone please connect me.

Rgds

Clinton:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi

i am hoping someone from Eircom can help me.
    I swithched back from Vodafone 2 weeks ago after a very nice Sales guys called to my door.
    I had been with Vodafone for 2 years and said i would give the NGB a try.
    I got my text last week to say my phone had switched over.
    On Sunday morning my Broadband went,I firstly rang the automated Broadband support line and it said it had no record of me,i rang Customer Care yesterday and was infiormed i was on a list for connection( i have always wanted to be on a list,not)
    Anyway,she said that Vodafone should not have cut me off,Vodafone have said they cut me off as they had been contacted by Eircom.
    So now it seems to be no ones fault,i am in my 3rd day without Broadband,i am not blaming Eircom completely but if i had not switched i wouldnt be writing this.
    Plus,i was asked for my Account Number,i actually dont have one,the sum total of communication since i signed over has been 1 text.

Can someone please connect me.

Rgds

Clinton:confused:

I responded to the customer as follows:

Hi Clinton,

Can you Private message me with your landline telephone number and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

PM sent

PM sent

Hi Clinton,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cabhairliom

hi there

i have had very little broadband since last thursday and have repeatedly notified on a daily basis the situation to eircom....when i manage to actually get to talk to a human being in their technical support team

the customer support team are so rude and unhelpful that i do wonder if eircom actually want the business or not at this stage

it has taken me since before 3pm today until about 20 past 4 today to actually get through to the person i wished to speak to despite being hung up on by the switchboard staff (there is one there with a donegal accent needs be taken out and advised of manners for starters!!) and then having calls sent to the place where you DONT want them sent to...

i got speaking to someone in the complaints department whose english was pidgin to say the least but i conversed in french with her and explained the situation to her at the end of which she said to me that there was nothing could/would be done anyway....

when i eventually got speaking to who i wished to and explained the situation i was asked if i had been rude but i told him i record my calls and can prove i wasnt but that the staff in there need to be brought up to standard on what manners are all about....(snowballs being thrown in hell by time that happens methinks)

1 member of staff out of 17 managed to do his job correctly so well done Tomas, but pity there not more like you in there...

now i must wait and see what baloney will come from eircom to explain all of this fuddling since their failure to work on repairing/restoring my broadband since last thursday....

hi there

i have had very little broadband since last thursday and have repeatedly notified on a daily basis the situation to eircom....when i manage to actually get to talk to a human being in their technical support team

the customer support team are so rude and unhelpful that i do wonder if eircom actually want the business or not at this stage

it has taken me since before 3pm today until about 20 past 4 today to actually get through to the person i wished to speak to despite being hung up on by the switchboard staff (there is one there with a donegal accent needs be taken out and advised of manners for starters!!) and then having calls sent to the place where you DONT want them sent to...

i got speaking to someone in the complaints department whose english was pidgin to say the least but i conversed in french with her and explained the situation to her at the end of which she said to me that there was nothing could/would be done anyway....

when i eventually got speaking to who i wished to and explained the situation i was asked if i had been rude but i told him i record my calls and can prove i wasnt but that the staff in there need to be brought up to standard on what manners are all about....(snowballs being thrown in hell by time that happens methinks)

1 member of staff out of 17 managed to do his job correctly so well done Tomas, but pity there not more like you in there...

now i must wait and see what baloney will come from eircom to explain all of this fuddling since their failure to work on repairing/restoring my broadband since last thursday....

Hi cabhairliom,

Can you send on your telephone number or eircom account number and I can track the case and keep you updated from here as well as you like.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Mark

I got the broadband switched backed on by badgering Vodafone for several hours,they said they hadnt cut it but when i asked to speak with supervisor they came clean.

Regarding your question about an account number,i still havent received one yet.
    is it possible to get an indication as to when i will switch over to Eircom,my phone number was sent to you in a previous PM.

Hi Mark

I got the broadband switched backed on by badgering Vodafone for several hours,they said they hadnt cut it but when i asked to speak with supervisor they came clean.

Regarding your question about an account number,i still havent received one yet.
    is it possible to get an indication as to when i will switch over to Eircom,my phone number was sent to you in a previous PM.

Hi clintondaly,

I apologise again for the service you have had to date from eircom. As per the PM I sen to you. The broadband is in the process of transfering back to eircom, there can be a disruption in service during the transfer I'm afraid.

The line and calls transfered back to eircom on the 22/11/11.

I can confirm that the transfer is being processed and should complete by Monday at the latest.

I have arranged for the account number to be posted to you as well.

Thanks, Mark

Thank you for the help.

Rgds

Clinton

Thank you for the help.

Rgds

Clinton

Hi Clinton,

I will follow up with you on Monday to insure the broadband has come back ok.

Thanks, Mark

Still no switchover as of last night

Rgds

Clinton

• Advertisement

Still no switchover as of last night

Rgds

Clinton

Hi Clinton,

The transfer of broadband back to eircom completed yesterday.

REF NO: 2335187CH COMPLETED 5/12/11. Did you request a modem with eircom as well?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark

I still have the originial Netopia rouiter i got years ago(very reliable)
    As of around 9.00 PM last night i was checking using speedtest and was still logged as using Vodafone,i will verify when i go home later.

Rgds

Clinton

Hi Mark

I still have the originial Netopia rouiter i got years ago(very reliable)
    As of around 9.00 PM last night i was checking using speedtest and was still logged as using Vodafone,i will verify when i go home later.

Rgds

Clinton

Hi Clinton,

You may just need ti re-set the modem in order for the modem to register the change.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Clinton,

You're probably aware already, but if any one needs advice on hard resetting the eircom modem, please see :

http://bit.ly/modemReset

All the best,
    Ant

Hi

Netopia Router 2247-02

The story at the moment is i still seem to be going through Vodafone DNS servers.

I have done several resets of the box,i have put in the Eircom user name and password and tried to enter the Primary and Secondary DNS server addresses manually and restarted the connection,when i try to go to a website it says DNS failure,if i go into the Modem IP and do a diagnostics test,everything passes.
    If i revert back to the Vodafone login details it works fine again.
    I have done speedtests while connected with the Vodafone login,and it says my provider is Vodaone(presumably because i am using their DNS servers).
    I rang Eircom Broadband support last night and the Girl tested the line for me and could see no issues.

i remember a couple of years ago when i was previously with Eircom that i carried out a software update on the Modem and at the time i thought there was new login details because of the software change,but,would i be right to think that having done the reset that the login details revert to the [EMAIL="Eircom@Eircom"]Eircom@Eircom[/EMAIL] one?.

Yes my Internet is working,but as i said,all deatils at the moment within the modem settings are Vodafone ones,is there any implications because of this?

Rgds

Clinton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi

Netopia Router 2247-02

The story at the moment is i still seem to be going through Vodafone DNS servers.

I have done several resets of the box,i have put in the Eircom user name and password and tried to enter the Primary and Secondary DNS server addresses manually and restarted the connection,when i try to go to a website it says DNS failure,if i go into the Modem IP and do a diagnostics test,everything passes.
    If i revert back to the Vodafone login details it works fine again.
    I have done speedtests while connected with the Vodafone login,and it says my provider is Vodaone(presumably because i am using their DNS servers).
    I rang Eircom Broadband support last night and the Girl tested the line for me and could see no issues.

i remember a couple of years ago when i was previously with Eircom that i carried out a software update on the Modem and at the time i thought there was new login details because of the software change,but,would i be right to think that having done the reset that the login details revert to the Eircom@Eircom one?.

Yes my Internet is working,but as i said,all deatils at the moment within the modem settings are Vodafone ones,is there any implications because of this?

Rgds

Clinton

Hi Clinton,

I can confirm that your broadband is definitely connecting to eircom's Authentication server. You are also using the correct PPPoE login settings, so there's no need to reset the modem again.

86.46.***.** 061-3XXXXXX 2011-12-08 20:31:06 START EIRCOM@EIRCOM.NET 2011-12-08 20:31:07

If you're using a non-eircom modem please do not reset this, as the modm will reset back to your previous provider's default login settings.

Just ensure you've entered the following login settings on your modem in the future :

Basic Modem Config settings for eircom:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS:

Setting up Third Party Modems

If you have any difficulty with intermittent connections please look at the following basic broadband troubleshooting:

Firstly, Powercycle the modem:
    Flick the power switch to the Off position on the back of the modem
    Wait 30 seconds
    Switch the modem back On
    Wait two minutes for the modem to re-connect

*It is important that you temporarily disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. For e.g: a long private extension cable. Also, when testing your connection: ENSURE that you temporarily remove the adsl splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket.

*All secondary phone extensions should be correctly FILTERED. If you have any problems with your Secondary Phone Socket(s) you will need to contact a 3rd party/ or vendor who installed this extension socket (usually an electrician).

Are you connecting wirelessly? http://bit.ly/WirelessCheck

* If you are using wireless to connect to the internet, connect your computer to the modem with the yellow ethernet cable if possible. This would eliminate any wireless related problems which may affect your connection speed.

Broadband Checklist

If you are still experiencing connection problems after completing the Checklist (above) please contact Broadband Technical Support ;-.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call time and help if you need to follow up. Alternatively, let us know your case id and we can follow this up with Technical Support.

Kind regards,
    Ant

@Eircom i suggest you start from the top of this thread and refresh yourself to part 1 of my story before you continue reading below.

as you can see i have had more than enough trouble since switching back to Eircom.

Here goes part 2

i received my first bill from Eircom dated 28/11 valued at 32.60 Eur
    I was also being charged rental for using my own phone.
    i received my next bill on the 22/12 totalling 93.07 Eur this was accompanied with a warning on top of the bill telling me i was in arrears and that i was liable to be cut off,i rang Customer service(23/12) to see what had happened,i was informed that i hadnt paid the previous bill,i told them that i was paying by Direct Debit and didnt know there was any issue,the fact i was paying by Direct Debit was news to the person i was speaking with,i informed her that i had given all my details to the guy that sold me the package on the 11/11,she had a look through her files and found the Direct Debit details,she apologized for the mix up and said she would set up the Direct Debit and it would be in place for the next bill,job done? not a chance!

My latest bill was issued on the 24/01 totalling 151.60,there was no mention of arrears or the threat of disconnection as per the previous bill,it just listed the amount from the previous bill as "Amount Outstanding".

Thought no more of it thinking it would be sorted once the direct debit went through.

fast forward to 2 days ago,someone rang my mobile as they couldnt get through to my housephone,i tried the housephone and thought there must have been some sort of technical issue.
    Today when i got home from work it was still gone so i decided to ring Customer care,i got through to the automated system and was greeted with the " you have been disconnected" message.
    I eventually got through to a Customer Service Rep. I was informed i had been disconnected for non payment of my bill.

i asked at what point did i not pay the bill,she informed that they tried to get payment from my bank on the 04/01 and it was rejected and a letter was sent to me on the 12/01( i have not received any letter).
    The bank account in question is my bill account and as there was no payment due in that particular week there was no funds in it.

it is now a month since that date and i was informed over the phone that no other attempts were made to get payment and i have been cut off.
    The girl i spoke with said she couldnt do anymore for me and that i would have to ring a Credit Department.

am i wrong in all of this?
    have Eircom not broken their contract with me?where do i go from here?
    Back to Vodafone?
    i have posted here as i feel it is the only place i will get help based on my previous experiences.:mad:

Update Have just been on the phone with 2 different departments and have resolved the payment issues.

Rgds

Clinton

@Eircom i suggest you start from the top of this thread and refresh yourself to part 1 of my story before you continue reading below.

as you can see i have had more than enough trouble since switching back to Eircom.

Here goes part 2

i received my first bill from Eircom dated 28/11 valued at 32.60 Eur
    I was also being charged rental for using my own phone.
    i received my next bill on the 22/12 totalling 93.07 Eur this was accompanied with a warning on top of the bill telling me i was in arrears and that i was liable to be cut off,i rang Customer service(23/12) to see what had happened,i was informed that i hadnt paid the previous bill,i told them that i was paying by Direct Debit and didnt know there was any issue,the fact i was paying by Direct Debit was news to the person i was speaking with,i informed her that i had given all my details to the guy that sold me the package on the 11/11,she had a look through her files and found the Direct Debit details,she apologized for the mix up and said she would set up the Direct Debit and it would be in place for the next bill,job done? not a chance!

My latest bill was issued on the 24/01 totalling 151.60,there was no mention of arrears or the threat of disconnection as per the previous bill,it just listed the amount from the previous bill as "Amount Outstanding".

Thought no more of it thinking it would be sorted once the direct debit went through.

fast forward to 2 days ago,someone rang my mobile as they couldnt get through to my housephone,i tried the housephone and thought there must have been some sort of technical issue.
    Today when i got home from work it was still gone so i decided to ring Customer care,i got through to the automated system and was greeted with the " you have been disconnected" message.
    I eventually got through to a Customer Service Rep. I was informed i had been disconnected for non payment of my bill.

i asked at what point did i not pay the bill,she informed that they tried to get payment from my bank on the 04/01 and it was rejected and a letter was sent to me on the 12/01( i have not received any letter).
    The bank account in question is my bill account and as there was no payment due in that particular week there was no funds in it.

it is now a month since that date and i was informed over the phone that no other attempts were made to get payment and i have been cut off.
    The girl i spoke with said she couldnt do anymore for me and that i would have to ring a Credit Department.

am i wrong in all of this?
    have Eircom not broken their contract with me?where do i go from here?
    Back to Vodafone?
    i have posted here as i feel it is the only place i will get help based on my previous experiences.:mad:

Update Have just been on the phone with 2 different departments and have resolved the payment issues.

Rgds

Clinton
    #

Hi clintondaly,

It may take a couple of days to investigate your billing issue in full and I will get back to you early next week.

Thanks, Mark

Hi

I would just like to say thanx for sorting the above issues out.

rgds

Clinton

Closed

Hi

I would just like to say thanx for sorting the above issues out.

rgds

Clinton

Closed

No worries Clinton.

Regards, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement