Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Lifts Feb 2012

Options
  • 29-11-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Alright folks,

Is there anyone here heading down to this in Feb. I've never competed before and was just wondering what the procedure is.

Do i have to become a member of the organisation before i head down, can i just arrive on the day and pay or does it have to be pre-paid etc.

Will i be allowed to sing power ballads as i lift?

Woody

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

What Fed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

IDFPA.

Was thinking about heading down cos I've never competed before so would be a decent way to start. Not sure yet but gonna start training for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

Wood wrote: »
    Alright folks,

Is there anyone here heading down to this in Feb. I've never competed before and was just wondering what the procedure is.

Do i have to become a member of the organisation before i head down, can i just arrive on the day and pay or does it have to be pre-paid etc.

Woody

Yes ,i'll be heading down.

You can join and pay on the day..

Woody

Yes you can once you havent sung power ballads in the GPC/IPO previously :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

VIS VIRES wrote: »

you know you cant compete right?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

you know you cant compete right?

Impossible is nothing :P
    Theres a few lads from my gym competing so i'll be there anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 BendTheBar

VIS VIRES wrote: »

You can join and pay on the day..

do you happen to know how much membership is and also to compete on the day?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Does anyone have a link to the weight categories?

Cheers.

http://www.idfpa.plus.com/Referees2007.pdf

its in there under
    "CATEGORIES"

http://www.idfpa.plus.com/Referees2007.pdf

its in there under
    "CATEGORIES"

Brill link, thanks a mil. One more stupid Q, what's the story with having to had regged with them 3 months beforehand?

G86 wrote: »
    Brill link, thanks a mil. One more stupid Q, what's the story with having to had regged with them 3 months beforehand?

if you want to set records i think....

Why not IPO or GPC nationals?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It's to do with breaking world (I think) records - you must be available for drug testing for the period before as well as after breaking them.

I wouldn't bother lifting with the IDFPA tbh. There's a better crew of people you know at most GPC or IPO events.

Hanley wrote: »
    It's to do with breaking world (I think) records - you must be available for drug testing for the period before as well as after breaking them.

I wouldn't bother lifting with the IDFPA tbh. There's a better crew of people you know at most GPC or IPO events.

I'm just looking at all options for now.... minds not made up on anything really.

if you want to set records i think....

Why not IPO or GPC nationals?

No real reason... sure I haven't a clue really, just scoping out ideas. What date are the GPCs?

No real reason... sure I haven't a clue really, just scoping out ideas. What date are the GPCs?

GPC dates are not out yet... should be out in January Nationals are generally round July I think.

GPC dates are not out yet... should be out in January Nationals are generally round July I think.
    Ah was thinking it was ages away alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

where are the powerlifting associations based?

also,do you have to do all three of the lifts or can you do just one?,i want to get into powerlifting but deadlift only

alexsmith wrote: »

also,do you have to do all three of the lifts or can you do just one?,i want to get into powerlifting but deadlift only

It's not powerlifting if you only deadlift. Jussayin'

You want a single lift comp or a push/pull comp if you just want to deadlift.

IDFPA are running one as per the discussion in the thread. GPC calendar ain't out yet.

Comps tend to be in the south east or west of the country.

What age dude...ever fed has single lifts? I know GPC run a jnr and masters squat and deadlift comp in feb i think.

IPO nationals are coming up soon and the IDFPA single lifts are always early in the year...

comps can be held anywhere over ireland

****s sake lol.ah well,i dont have to show anyone how much i can lift,as long as i know im strong haha

im 19,have a strong deadlift for my age i think. i can pull around 360lbs for 8reps,dont know exactly what my max is though.im 6 foot and about 200lbs give or take

• Advertisement

im 19,have a strong deadlift for my age i think. i can pull around 360lbs for 8reps,dont know exactly what my max is though.im 6 foot and about 200lbs give or take

Yeah it's not bad, should be good for 200+kg. Not gonna set the Irish PL scene alight, but a good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Skull

Alright folks,

Woody
    You can join on the day. Most people do that for the first Comp of the year.
    You can sing what you like also except we have a Dj this year so nobody'll hear you!!!

Skull wrote: »
    You can join on the day. Most people do that for the first Comp of the year.
    You can sing what you like also except we have a Dj this year so nobody'll hear you!!!

You've obviously never seen a drunk Woody sing.

You've obviously never seen a drunk Woody sing.
    If he can be drunk and lift then fair play to him. I tried that in Belgium one year and it didnt work out too good for me.

Skull wrote: »
    If he can be drunk and lift then fair play to him. I tried that in Belgium one year and it didnt work out too good for me.

...that and alcohol is on the WADA banned list for in comp. testing as far as I'm aware!!

Has anyone ever seen L lift sober?

Hanley wrote: »
    ...that and alcohol is on the WADA banned list for in comp. testing as far as I'm aware!!

Not banned for powerlifting although they are looking at a blanket ban for in competition from 2012.

Advertisement